GWT: Week 20 Vikings @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Philadelphia Eagles

8 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I think the only matchup that potential favors Eagles is Eagles DL vs Minny OL .... if Minny goes with a game plan to keep a TE (David Morgan) in for blocking (and he does his job respectively average)... I think the advantages across the board favors Minny.

QB? Maybe

RB? Not really

WR? Yeah, but Thielen is hurt

TE? Nope

OL? Nope

DL? Nope

CB? Yeah

S? Yeah, but Sendejo is hurt

ST? Probably a push

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

I disagree with your assessment ... but everyone entitled to their thoughts.

That's fine. I'm guessing the big one for you is DL, but I just can't give Minnesota the edge since Stephens isn't gonna play and Griffen is still not completely healthy.

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's fine. I'm guessing the big one for you is DL, but I just can't give Minnesota the edge since Stephens isn't gonna play and Griffen is still not completely healthy.

If I had to show it:

QB - Vikings, RB - Push, WRs - Vikings (a lot), TEs - Push, OL - Eagles, DL - Push, LB - Vikings (a lot), CB - Vikings (a lot), S - Vikings (a lot), ST - Push (I think).

Griffen is still not completely healthy but still doing his thing so he is managing. Stephan (DT) is likely out, but I'm thinking JJ (his replacement) is actually the better overall DT. Senjao (S) has been practicing and everyone expecting him to play.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

How is TE a push? Zach Ertz is a top 5, debatably a top 3 TE in the league and Trey Burton could start on most teams? DL might be close if Griffin was healthy.

@Yfz84 hit it on the head pretty much.

I pushed TE cause Ertz/Burton is similar to Rudolph/Morgan ... especially when there is (I feel) a discrepancy in QB talent (Case vs Foles).

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

I pushed TE cause Ertz/Burton is similar to Rudolph/Morgan ... especially when there is (I feel) a discrepancy in QB talent (Case vs Foles).

That's like saying the Eagles have better runningbacks because the offensive line is better and give them more holes to run through and we get more rushing yards per game.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

That's like saying the Eagles have better runningbacks because the offensive line is better and give them more holes to run through and we get more rushing yards per game.

Ironically, that is how a lot of people evaluate RB play around here. Remember when Todd Gurley was a bust?

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

QB? Maybe

RB? Not really

WR? Yeah, but Thielen is hurt

TE? Nope

OL? Nope

DL? Nope

CB? Yeah

S? Yeah, but Sendejo is hurt

ST? Probably a push

Quarterback isn't a maybe... Pretty significant difference between Foles and Keenum.

QB - Vikings - At first I listed this as a tie, but decided to give an edge to Keenum because, even though he started the year out as a backup just like Foles, he has been playing, and playing very well, throughout the season.  Foles may be able to keep up, but I think I heard that he has only completed one pass over 20 yards so far.  

RB - Push - Both sides have running backs that are decent, and capable, but not elite.

WR - Vikings

TE - Eagles

OL - Push

DL - Eagles

LB - Vikings

CB - Vikings

S - Vikings

ST - Push 

Coaching - Vikings

Home Field - Eagles - Vegas usually gives home field advantage a value of 3-3.5 points.  When you are dealing with less than spectacular quarterbacks, this could be even a little bigger.  We saw that in our last game with the Saints.  We got out to a 17 point lead at half, but the Saints were able to come back, due to some awesome play by future HOF'er, Drew Brees.  If either team gets up that much, I don't see either quarterback leading enough of a comeback for a win.

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I think the only matchup that potential favors Eagles is Eagles DL vs Minny OL .... if Minny goes with a game plan to keep a TE (David Morgan) in for blocking (and he does his job respectively average)... I think the advantages across the board favors Minny.

So much wrong in your post. Starting here...

Not at all true. At all. 

Our TEs up against your defense is a mismatch in our favor. Your LBs aren't exactly great in coverage. And even with Rhodes healthy, we have more than enough talent at WR and RB in pass game to keep your secondary occupied, allowing Ertz and Burton to take advantage of Kendricks (who, while the better player, is still much worse than his brother In pass coverage) and Barr and company. 

And you realize that you can't just use an extra TE to block when your pretty mediocre OL is going up against THE best DL in the NFL right? I mean you watch football enough to know that you can't just assume some TE is going to make a huge difference?

And not only that, but it's not like you're having to worry about one DE going up against one OT. Which is usually when coaches will use extra blockers and slide protections. Our DL is so deep and is so hard to scheme against. 

Also, I'd say our OL has a slight advantage over your DL. Wiz being back in the line up has been huge for us and has been a big help to big V. 

Casesethrows up jump balls to Diggs and Thielen after double moves on the Philly DBs, and Minny controls the clock with running the ball (I think they will run the ball more in the red zone, compared to last week).

Good luck with those double moves playing at the Linc. I bet Atlanta was counting on guys like Gabriel and Sanu to "kill us with double moves" too. But it didn't work so well for them. 

Minnesota's WRs definitely scare me. They're as good a tandem as you'll find. But people just keep underrating our cornerbacks, and I don't think it's going to be as easy as "Case throwing up jump balls all game". 

And what makes you think Minnesota will have success running the ball when we just shut down a far superior rushing attack? 

I am pretty confident in our defense shutting down the Vikings run game and making Keenum beat us. Same as your defense is gonna try to do. But we have the best rush defense in the league and also one of the best running attacks as well. 

I'm expecting a lethal defense from the Vikings, after a poor 2nd half defense in the NO game (by their own standards).

If you use Foles 4 games (as a starter) as a projections for total years per game over the 16 game schedule... they would have the lowest total yards per game in the NFL.

Luckily only morons actually think extrapolating tiny sample sizes are actually a valid argument.

Archived