GWT: Week 20 Vikings @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Philadelphia Eagles

Eagles are home underdogs.... again. This game is similar to the Atlanta game in terms of Eagles paths to victory, gotta shut down the run and get pressure up front. The good news is Keenum and the Vikings aren't the typical quick pass offense that has thrived against our DBs this year. That said, if our DL struggles to get pressure the very talented Minny WRs will get open and make plays. 

On offense, Foles needs to play how he did in the second half last week, if he does I think we can score enough to win the game. Need to be productive on the ground and give Ajayi enough carries to have a big impact on the game.

Fly Eagles Fly! My(obviously incredibly biased prediction) is an Eagles win 23 - 20. Higher scoring then most would predict, but I feel like this game is going to go a bit differently then people expect.

Will be interesting how the Eagles continue, build upon the RPO they really showed last week against a much better defense.

Doug schemed a hell of a game last week...him vs Zimmer should be a great battle.

Schwartz should have the advantage over Shurmur, hopefully he doesn't get too eager to pressure Keenum.
The front 4 is elite enough to get there...extra guys in coverage should take advantage of some of those lob passes he was throwing up

Can't wait...should be a great game

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Eagles are home underdogs.... again. This game is similar to the Atlanta game in terms of Eagles paths to victory, gotta shut down the run and get pressure up front. The good news is Keenum and the Vikings aren't the typical quick pass offense that has thrived against our DBs this year.

Huh?
That's basically what we usually are.

Last game against the Saints we weren't exactly, but all season it was basically just get the ball out of Keenums hands and get it into Thielens, Diggs, McKinnons, or Rudolphs hands as fast as possible

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:
10 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Who would y’all say has the better special teams? Other than Elliott being a beast I haven’t payed much attention to these teams in that area. I could easily see a game like this coming down to a big play or two on ST

eagles unit was really good then their special team captain got lost for the year and its been more good to average since. 

yea it's bounced back in terms of punt coverage/kick coverage/punt pressure ....but I'd be shocked if we got a return more than 25 yards

Any Eagles players take any bumps and bruises last game? I can't remember.

Vikings:
Shamar Stephen - Rotational DT - will be out with a Knee
Andrew Sendejo - Concussion - sounds like he should be cleared
Xavier Rhodes - Ankle - been bothering him all year, returned in game and caused Thomas to go 0-3 the last drive, should be good to go.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Huh?
That's basically what we usually are.

Last game against the Saints we weren't exactly, but all season it was basically just get the ball out of Keenums hands and get it into Thielens, Diggs, McKinnons, or Rudolphs hands as fast as possible

According to this chart Keenum is in the bottom ten of time to throw(2.78 secs) and his average throw is over 8 yards. QBs that have killed us in the past like Eli Manning and Drew Brees are unnder 2.5 seconds and throw the ball in the 7 yard range.

Keenum is amazing at buying time in the pocket with his mobility and making plays when given time, but the Vikings offense isn't predicated on him hitting a bunch of timing routes which is what killed us the past two years. 

Any Eagles players take any bumps and bruises last game? I can't remember.

Vikings:
Shamar Stephen - Rotational DT - will be out with a Knee
Andrew Sendejo - Concussion - sounds like he should be cleared
Xavier Rhodes - Ankle - been bothering him all year, returned in game and caused Thomas to go 0-3 the last drive, should be good to go.

I don't think so. I think we came out of it unscathed. 

Will be interested to see if the Eagles put some sort of a big playmaker back to return Kicks like the Saints did with Kamara.
Kai didn't have many touchbacks this year, might of been sort of gameplanned. Every one but 1 last game ended up being a touchback (4)
Or are you guy's pretty much set with what you got at the KR spot?

Will be interested to see if the Eagles put some sort of a big playmaker back to return Kicks like the Saints did with Kamara.
Kai didn't have many touchbacks this year, might of been sort of gameplanned. Every one but 1 last game ended up being a touchback (4)
Or are you guy's pretty much set with what you got at the KR spot?

Eagles have seemed pretty content to call fair catches and take knees in the endzone all year. Barner will be out there most likely just securing the catch on punt returns. Nelson Agholor was a phenomenal returner in college but he has never done it in the NFL and I doubt this is the week we try it out. 

I'll just say this, if Keenum plays like he did in the Saints game then the Eagles will win IMO. Eagles defense is better than the Saints (especially the beat up version with how many starters were missing due to injury) and they're at home. Keenum was TERRIBLE against pressure (his passer rating was something like 10 I believe) and Philly will do a better job of creating it. That + being on the road could rattle him more.

If it was just first playoff game jitters (which it very well could have been) then the Vikings will win. Either way, I think it's gonna be a 13-10 or 12-10 or 14-9, etc type of game no matter who wins. 

Just now, Spartica4Real said:

I'll just say this, if Keenum plays like he did in the Saints game then the Eagles will win IMO. Eagles defense is better than the Saints (especially the beat up version with how many starters were missing due to injury) and they're at home. Keenum was TERRIBLE against pressure (his passer rating was something like 10 I believe) and Philly will do a better job of creating it. That + being on the road could rattle him more.

If it was just first playoff game jitters (which it very well could have been) then the Vikings will win. Either way, I think it's gonna be a 13-10 or 12-10 or 14-9, etc type of game no matter who wins. 

Which is shocking because he had pressure it seemed like all day when he was even making those passes.

Hopefully he can get back to where he was all year, and back to being a top 5 QB under pressure.

Archived