GWT: Week 20 Jaguars @ Patriots

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Jacksonville Jaguars
    • New England Patriots

HLfqVCxzVx5CUDQ07GLeWg_96x96.png                         @                       z89hPEH9DZbpIYmF72gSaw_96x96.png

Jacksonville Jaguars                                         New England Patriots

NFL CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
Sun, 1/21. 2:05 P.M. CT.
Watch On: CBS

Edited by gopherwrestler

I think the Pats would've beat the 2015 Broncos if the game was in Denver, and this defense is not as good as Denver's in 2015 while the Pats are better. I think the Pats will put up around 24-28 on them and it'll just depend on if the Jags can do enough to outscore that, and with Belichick scheming on the other side I just don't see it. By all means though, prove me wrong, it'd be a really cool moment. Also the Bortles/Foles or Keenum Super Bowl would be.... impeccable. 

• Like 1

Since the 2007 season, when the Giants handed Brady his most notable playoff loss with a five-sack performance in Super Bowl XLII, teams that haven't been able to manufacture a pass rush against Brady have withered:

TIMES SACKED RECORD WIN PERCENTAGE
0-1 75-13 85.2%
2-3 52-17 75.4%
4+ 13-8 61.9%

The Jags need to be able to create the pressure in this game. We know that they are able to, and we know that they are able to with only 4, which is huge. But will they? 
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Jags need to be able to create the pressure in this game. We know that they are able to, and we know that they are able to with only 4, which is huge. But will they? 

I’d like to see this stat continued past 4 sacks. Is there a point when his win % dips below 50?

10 hours ago, Asciimo said:

I’d like to see this stat continued past 4 sacks. Is there a point when his win % dips below 50?

He meant they can bring pressure with just their 4 defensive linemen and do not have to blitz...at least that's what I think he meant haha 

Edited by renndawg37

Worst possible draw for the Pats in these entire playoffs. The Jags have the same makeup as the 2012 Ravens, but their defense is better at every level. If the Pats can't establish an offensive rhythm early, it's going to be one of "those" games for Brady, and not having Edelman is going to be a big problem because the Jags have the personnel to wipe out Gronk and make Cooks/Hogan non-factors. Could still win if Dion Lewis has a huge game (120+ yards on the ground) but I'm not betting on that.

On the other side, I expect the Pats to use the same defensive gameplan, more or less, that they did against Mariota/Henry. But I'm worried because Fournette and Yeldon actually factor into the passing game for the Jags, and the combination of mobile QB + good receiving backs has been a nightmare for the Pats defense for years now.

Jaguars 23, Patriots 21.

Should be a good game. I can't stand the Jaguars but I respect that defense and running game, both units are very good. I think Dion Lewis is the X factor for the Patriots. If he is successful running the ball, it is going to make Brady even more dangerous. 

Prediction 20-13 Patriots 

1 hour ago, Asciimo said:

Possibly, but unfortunately the  article only went to 4+. I would assume that there is a very limited sample size (maybe just one or two games) since 2007 in which he was sacked more than 4 times, which is why they essentially capped it with 4+.