gopherwrestler

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Jacksonville Jaguars
    • New England Patriots

8 minutes ago, lancerman said:

In the last 5 weeks the Jags gave up 40 points twice 

And before last week, we were told the Jaguars couldn’t score on the Steelers because they only scored 10 in back to back games.

??‍♀️

Just now, Starless said:

I need to re-watch the JAX-SF game to see what Jimmy G.O.A.T. did against them that was so effective. I'm sure Belichick will be doing the same.

I’ll save you some time.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2017/film-room-jaguars-defense

You beat our defense by getting us to play off coverage and taking advantage of what they show you pre-snap.

The Jaguars are going to need to play tight and fight through the pick plays and/or mix and disguise coverages if they are going to slow down Brady. 

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Shanny outcoached the crap out of us.

Juszczyk on Poz was such a mismatch.

Really hope this was a teachable moment for the staff and that they come into this one much more prepared for those types of looks. We won’t win this one if we don’t make big adjustments from that game. 

18 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Shanny outcoached the crap out of us.

Juszczyk on Poz was such a mismatch.

I could see the Pats motioning Gronk out of the backfield to create similar mismatches. Problem is that Brady's lack of mobility takes away that bootleg action that Shanny used effectively. McDaniels will have to get more creative to compensate for that.

9 minutes ago, Starless said:

I could see the Pats motioning Gronk out of the backfield to create similar mismatches. Problem is that Brady's lack of mobility takes away that bootleg action that Shanny used effectively. McDaniels will have to get more creative to compensate for that.

Wont be as simple as that. Jus being in the backfield gives them a run look and takes Colvin out for Poz (who is a liability in pass cover). 

Putting Gronk there would probably be similar to a 3 wr look.

Just now, Speedyg said:

Wont be as simple as that. Jus being in the backfield gives them a run look and takes Colvin out for Poz (who is a liability in pass cover). 

Putting Gronk there would probably be similar to a 3 wr look.

Gronk is always out there, run or pass. 

Just now, Starless said:

Gronk is always out there, run or pass. 

Right, but we wont switch because he plays all downs. it doesn't affect our formation. Only way it forces us to keep Poz is if they go two tight end. I don't believe they use traditional FB in offense

Just now, Speedyg said:

Right, but we wont switch because he plays all downs. it doesn't affect our formation. Only way it forces us to keep Poz is if they go two tight end. I don't believe they use traditional FB in offense

They have Develin, who catches the occasional pass, but he's nowhere near the receiving threat Joystick is. 

Could also see them going 2TE with Dwayne Allen lined up on the wing or in the backfield.

55 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I’ll save you some time.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2017/film-room-jaguars-defense

You beat our defense by getting us to play off coverage and taking advantage of what they show you pre-snap.

The Jaguars are going to need to play tight and fight through the pick plays and/or mix and disguise coverages if they are going to slow down Brady. 

Off coverage is the one thing that literally has never worked vs. Brady.  Man to man to take away short stuff and inside 4-man pressure is the only thing that gets Brady.  I’m sure JAX is well aware of this.   It comes down to the JAX front 4 making life hell for TB12 on that side of the ball.  

I really would be shocked if the Jags didn’t put Ramsey on Gronk let alone try off coverage on Brady.  

The silver lining to getting pasted by SF and Garrapolo is it removed JAX’s belief they could win vs.  good QB playing that way.  At least it should have.  

12 minutes ago, Starless said:

They have Develin, who catches the occasional pass, but he's nowhere near the receiving threat Joystick is. 

Could also see them going 2TE with Dwayne Allen lined up on the wing or in the backfield.

I think I'm OK with Paul matched up with either of those guys. We've seen Allen a bit with Colts. 

Just now, Speedyg said:

I think I'm OK with Paul matched up with either of those guys. We've seen Allen a bit with Colts. 

From that FO piece it looks like where Poz is vulnerable is if there's any confusion as to what his assignment is. Might try to use some stacks or bunches to generate that.

It'll be interesting for sure.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Off coverage is the one thing that literally has never worked vs. Brady.  Man to man to take away short stuff and inside 4-man pressure is the only thing that gets Brady.  I’m sure JAX is well aware of this.   It comes down to the JAX front 4 making life hell for TB12 on that side of the ball.  

I really would be shocked if the Jags didn’t put Ramsey on Gronk let alone try off coverage on Brady.  

With their personnel, they can afford to double Gronk at all times.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Wash had a few head scratching game plans this year. Honestly I think that's the biggest edge to the Pats in this game: coaching.

Hackett has called some nice games like the one vs Steelers, but have also had some head scratchers too (Bengals, chargers)

Archived