GWT: Week 20 Jaguars @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Jacksonville Jaguars
    • New England Patriots

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

From that FO piece it looks like where Poz is vulnerable is if there's any confusion as to what his assignment is. Might try to use some stacks or bunches to generate that.

It'll be interesting for sure.

Our linebackers in general (telvin and Paul especially) are very aggressive versus the run that they are susceptible to playactions. That's why SF really hurt us.

Give us a run look with Paul in there and it's trouble if you PA and target him. really don't see a lot of issues with him as far assignment, he's just not fast/quick enough to drop back and defend against backs and some Yes.

Show him run and he is like a heat seeking missile though.

23 minutes ago, Starless said:

They have Develin, who catches the occasional pass, but he's nowhere near the receiving threat Joystick is. 

Could also see them going 2TE with Dwayne Allen lined up on the wing or in the backfield.

I think you’re going to have to run some deception and mix in when it goes with this though. If you just put Allen in the slot, the Jags will just put Telvin or Colvin on him and call it a night. If you let us put Bouye on Gronk (with safety help), Ramsey on Cooks, Colvin on Hogan and Telvin on Allen, and don’t play with how we have to line up and do things, I’ll take that every day.

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I think you’re going to have to run some deception and mix in when it goes with this though. If you just put Allen in the slot, the Jags will just put Telvin or Colvin on him and call it a night. If you let us put Bouye on Gronk (with safety help), Ramsey on Cooks, Colvin on Hogan and Telvin on Allen, and don’t play with how we have to line up and do things, I’ll take that every day.

Bouye was making me cringe on Sunday. Had a hard time in coverage on Brown. Hope he is ready to tackle Gronk. Gonna get called for alot of PI likely trying to get around that big body for a PD and you know the refs got that flag pulled before the snap

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Bouye was making me cringe on Sunday. Had a hard time in coverage on Brown. Hope he is ready to tackle Gronk. Gonna get called for alot of PI likely trying to get around that big body for a PD and you know the refs got that flag pulled before the snap

Gronk gets held or interfered with on over half the routes he runs and it gets called maybe a quarter of the time. I think Bouye will be okay.

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I don’t think he had that much trouble. He was covering Brown perfectly the majority of the time. Brown just made a few insane plays that only the *best receiver* in football can make.

1 hour ago, Starless said:

That should come with considerable caveats. The teams they held under 20 points since week 5 were:

Buffalo (22nd in ppg)

Oakland (23rd)

Miami (28th)

NYJ (24th)

Atlanta (15th)

Denver (27th)

Tampa (18th)

Chargers (13th)

Tennessee (19th)

They gave up 24 to Pittsburgh (which would've been at least 27 had the Steelers not crapped the bed at the end).

The Jaguars were 5th in points scored. A lot of that was off turnovers, but they had the 16th ranked offense by DVOA and 6th by yardage, so however you slice it they'll be one of the better offenses the Pats will have faced this year.

No it shouldn't because literally all last year everyone said the same thing about the Patriots ppg being indicative of a lack of competition, but then they won they Super Bowl

11 minutes ago, lancerman said:

No it shouldn't because literally all last year everyone said the same thing about the Patriots ppg being indicative of a lack of competition, but then they won they Super Bowl

Yup. But let's not be revisionist. The Pats made just barely enough plays to win and they ceded a 28-3 lead to the Falcons, allowing nearly 10 yards per play in the process. They can't expect to perform at those levels on a regular basis and keep winning in the playoffs, particularly against teams with great defenses.

43 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Actually the ref for the game is notorious with Patriot fans for not throwing the flag. Kuechly in the end zone a few years back being the prime example.

Pats are 3-5 in his games.

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

Actually the ref for the game is notorious with Patriot fans for not throwing the flag. Kuechly in the end zone a few years back being the prime example.

Pats are 3-5 in his games.

Yeah, I saw that it was Blakeman and cringed.

29 minutes ago, Starless said:

Yup. But let's not be revisionist. The Pats made just barely enough plays to win and they ceded a 28-3 lead to the Falcons, allowing nearly 10 yards per play in the process. They can't expect to perform at those levels on a regular basis and keep winning in the playoffs, particularly against teams with great defenses.

You're right lets not be revisionist. The 7th ranked offense of all time only scored 4TD's against the Patriots. 1 was a pick six off Brady that had nothing to do with the defense and another was after a fumble by the offense. The defense shut out the Falcons for the rest of the 2nd half and got a crucial strip sack to help the team make the comeback, and another crucial sack to push them out of field goal range. 

And not a single offense left is anywhere close to last years Falcons

Archived