GWT: Week 20 Jaguars @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Jacksonville Jaguars
    • New England Patriots

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I feel like Church's hit on Gronk could have been avoided.  He definitely had enough time to adjust how he hit him and not go helmet-to-helmet. 

I don't think so. He led with his shoulder, and he's a lot taller than Church. The way Gronk bent down, Church's shoulder missed the chest, and the helmet hit first. It was definitely a penalty, but it wasn't avoidable after Church committed. 

2 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:
6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont think anyone is saying the hit on Gronk was clean

I will say it.  I thought it was a legit and perfectly timed defensive play to dislodge the ball. Helmet contact was incidental.

No such thing in "Today's NFL". Outside of a Run Play where it happens all the time, if you make contact in any way shape or form to the head, it's almost always getting flagged. 

Just the way it is.

10 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

This game is definitely rigged. I just heard on good authority that Gronk is back in. Apparently they have a special Gronk concussion test where it’s just true/false for him on all the questions.

Honestly, there probably isnt a difference mentally between concussed Gronk and non-concussed Gronk. So i imagine it is difficult to discern 

3 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

This game is definitely rigged. I just heard on good authority that Gronk is back in. Apparently they have a special Gronk concussion test where it’s just true/false for him on all the questions.

And if Gronk keeps saying, "Tralse," he automatically passes.

Just now, MrDrew said:

I don't think so. He led with his shoulder, and he's a lot taller than Church. The way Gronk bent down, Church's shoulder missed the chest, and the helmet hit first. It was definitely a penalty, but it wasn't avoidable after Church committed. 

Yea, I've been watching it more and more and you make a good point.  

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

No such thing in "Today's NFL". Outside of a Run Play where it happens all the time, if you make contact in any way shape or form to the head, it's almost always getting flagged. 

Just the way it is.

Receivers should be penalized for lowering their head into oncoming hits then, too. Especially when the DB turns his shoulder for contact. It's ridiculous.

Archived