Week 20: that other game

vike daddy

While I wouldn't mind the Jaguars winning, I don't see any way that they can.  And in my opinion, I want the Patriots to win, because in my mind, to be the best, you have to beat the best...and I'd love to see a Parcells Protege Bowl.  

On 1/16/2018 at 3:36 PM, disaacs said:

And in my opinion, I want the Patriots to win, because in my mind, to be the best, you have to beat the best 

This always bugs me.

I don't foresee any Vikings fan saying "Yeah beating the Jags in the Super Bowl was cool and all but we didn't beat the Patriots so we're really not the best team this year."

The team who hoists the Lombardi trophy IS the best team in the league that year. It doesn't matter if they were 16-0 or an 8-8 Wild Card. Regular season records don't mean anything but seeding come playoffs. 

That being said....I'd love nothing more than to destroy that smug prick Belichick when it matters most.

33 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

are the Jags that good that we'd rather face the Patriots?

Jags defense worries me against Case.

but the same can be said about our defense with Blake.

And we wouldn't be playing Tom Brady, which is always a worry. Even if he has a bad game against the Jags and they still pull out a win, his hand would have two weeks to recover before playing in the Superbowl.

the jags play a lot of cover 3 and the pats are one of the better teams in the league at exposing cover 3. lots of crossing routes and passes to the flats, essentially dinking and dunking their way up the field. same recipe to how they beat the seahawks' defense in the super bowl. 

i think we'd fare a lot better against the jags if we made it to the super bowl, i think we could more or less shut down their offense. hard to pound the ball with fournette all game long when big linval is a wall in the middle. it would also be a fun matchup to see bouye/ramsey against diggs and thielen, not sure who would win that matchup. that said, i think the pats will win tomorrow and they're the one team in the league that i think has a clear advantage over us.

Archived