Week 20: that other game

vike daddy

1 hour ago, milanb said:

The injury to Brady's hand has to be a concern for the Patriots.

Even if it does not affect his throwing (an I am not at all convinced that it won't) there is the basic fact that he did not practise this week.

That, and any hit he takes could lead his hand to getting worse.

It's hard to know what to think about Brady's hand injury.  He did miss practice, but then again, this is Belichick we're talking about here, so this could be a total non-issue.  One thing is certain, if there actually is an injury that is hampering Brady's ability to throw, they have to be kicking themselves for trading Garapolo.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

It's hard to know what to think about Brady's hand injury.  He did miss practice, but then again, this is Belichick we're talking about here, so this could be a total non-issue.  One thing is certain, if there actually is an injury that is hampering Brady's ability to throw, they have to be kicking themselves for trading Garapolo.

I don't think so. They knew it was unsustainable to keep both. They made a move when they had to, with the knowledge that Brady was healthy at the time and that he would be back for the 2018 season.

I have to imagine they understood the risk and were fine with making the move.

i would have thought long and hard about keeping Garappolo and trading Brady, getting like two 1sts and two 2nds for him, over a couple of years. maybe more. having Jimmy G and suddenly a new barrage of players to immediately re-tool with would be very tempting.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

i would have thought long and hard about keeping Garappolo and trading Brady, getting like two 1sts and two 2nds for him, over a couple of years. maybe more. having Jimmy G and suddenly a new barrage of players to immediately re-tool with would be very tempting.

No one is giving up that much for a 40 year old QB. I doubt they’d even get what they got for Garoppolo.

26 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

You read that correctly. No one is giving up anything of value for a 40 year old QB, who could literally retire at a moment’s notice. 

I'd be willing to bet the Jags would give up a 1st right now for Brady.

A winning team.

Browns? no they would not.
A team that is right there I would be willing to bet would give up at least a 1st for a Brady.
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Vikings were willing to.

Just now, wcblack34 said:

Don’t ever want to count out the Patriots, but I don’t think anyone saw this first half coming. 

If you watched last week’s game, you should have. New England is not a very physical team and can be pushed around, something the Jaguars are good at. 

Archived