Could Ben Be Trying to Get Tomlin Fired?

3rivers

6:40 way too much talent and 100% agree with Schlereth 

Not sure what you think, but it is what these former players are talking about. 

If they fire tomlin and bring in arians, what would you think? It will make me sick, and prove something else

Do you really need to make a thread for every random thought that pops into your head?

Tomlin isnt getting fired.   If you think its even remotely a possibility. youre ******* delusional.   

55 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Do you really need to make a thread for every random thought that pops into your head?

Tomlin isnt getting fired.   If you think its even remotely a possibility. youre ******* delusional.   

You're rude for no reason. What do you care how much he posts? You don't have to answer.

5 minutes ago, tima said:

You're rude for no reason. What do you care how much he posts? You don't have to answer.

Lets take a look at the facts....

1) There are at least 5 to 7 other threads discussing Tomlin's future.   We didnt need another one.
2)  The thread title is silly and misleading.   This particular poster has a habit of posting threads like this.
3)  Anyone who thinks that Tomlin has even the slightest chance of being fired is delusional, and needs some sense knocked into them.

My facts dont care about your feelings   If youre that soft, I suggest you find a coloring book and a safe space.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Lets take a look at the facts....

1) There are at least 5 to 7 other threads discussing Tomlin's future.   We didnt need another one.
2)  The thread title is silly and misleading.   This particular poster has a habit of posting threads like this.
3)  Anyone who thinks that Tomlin has even the slightest chance of being fired is delusional, and needs some sense knocked into them.

My facts dont care about your feelings   If youre that soft, I suggest you find a coloring book and a safe space.

Why would anyone care about your facts? They are not even facts. Are you in charge here? Are you going to "knock some sense into him"? Do you decide who posts here and what they post? It seems like you are the one in a need of a safe space, where there are no posts about Tomlin.

7 hours ago, tima said:

Here's an idea: how bout you contribute something to the discussion before you interject your feelings about how someone's acting here.  

36 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Here's an idea: how bout you contribute something to the discussion before you interject your feelings about how someone's acting here.  

lol why don't you follow your own advice? Did you contribute?

I happen to agree that there is no need for this post, it should be moved to the discussion thread about all of the coaches but there's no need to act like this.

1 hour ago, tima said:

lol why don't you follow your own advice? Did you contribute?

I happen to agree that there is no need for this post, it should be moved to the discussion thread about all of the coaches but there's no need to act like this.

Bro, you don't know the people on here well enough to make any judgments or question anyone.   

If you want to talk Steelers, welcome, if not, there are plenty of other places to go.    

Tomlin is going no where and he shouldn't. Now that Munch is staying and Haley is not this staff is going in the right direction. In all honesty I'm not sure Butler should go anywhere either. The defense likes him so he hasn't lost his squad, but I do think there needs to be a tweak on that side and I think Lake is the casualty. I agree with Bens statement that as little change as possible the better. Basically on offense I  think we could all agree the only thing truly lacking was the playcalling. On defense the calls at times were frustrating, but the secondary being out of position was more so, and if the secondary makes even 3 or 4 plays where they should have this year we could have won this last week or even been playing as the 1 seed in the tourney. 

Tomlin deserves a separate thread for one single reason. This is the first time - although unlikely - that he COULD be fired. It's not more than a 25% chance but one of the reasons it does have a chance is the opening up of Bruce Arians via "retirement". Again. You could say. The QB-HC relationship is paramount. If these two can't coexist the head coach goes 9 times out of 10. Because there are only so few guys in the world that can play QB.

The play calls and decisions Tomlin has made for YEARS - mind the blunders every game or this season or that season - have been inexcusable. Do you remember the last time we lost to the Jags in the playoffs he chased points and went for two. We ended up scoring the two TDs in that scenario and lost 31-29. Now that was a blunder. You had time and didn't need to go for two. Ben knows it. I know it. You know it. He can't manage a game. The question is does Art Rooney II know it?

There seem to be multiple different questions and arguments to be had here.

Is Mike Tomlin going to be fired? No. That's just not going to happen.

Does Roethlisberger want Tomlin fired? My own opinion - no. I've seen tension at times as a fan. I think they are stretching this argument to some extent. I think Roethlisberger has been mostly fine aiming his ire at Todd Haley and has focused his energy on getting that guy out. I don't know how Roethlisberger is supposed to answer the QB sneak question. If he's being dishonest and refuses to run it, I'd bash the hell out of him. But that doesn't seem to be what's happening. So it seems to be some weird organizational thing where they decided at some point not to use him that way. So, then Ben is put in a position of sounding just as dumb as Tomlin trying to pretend it doesn't exist or at least somewhat acknowledging the reluctance. I think it comes from above. And it may even bypass Tomlin entirely.

Should Mike Tomlin fired? I'll let others comment.

How much organizational control does Mike Tomlin have?

Does the organizational control Mike Tomlin has impact his game management? I think this is a dumb argument by Whitlock - one that he seems to be shift on at times. He has more job security than just about anyone else. Outside Belichick, who has more? No one in all of football. I guess we could add Saban to that, if Tomlin ever wants to go coach college. He goes from Tomlin doesn't have control to the Steelers like Tomlin because he doesn't need to have it. It's his personality. Well, the Steelers gave Cowher quite a bit of control. He had the power to overrule his coordinators, and he often did so. He had the power to force out GM's. He maybe couldn't hire and fire coaches as he pleased, which seems to be the same with Tomlin. Cowher had to fight for some of that power so I'm not going to sit here and give Tomlin a pass. The guy has cut his teeth in the league. He's not a young guy anymore and at some point he needs to grow a pair and be able to tell the Rooney's off at times. I mean, especially now that it's just that prick Art II. Who really respects him? It's Tomlin's job on the line. SO he should have some conviction and act on it as the head coach. Roethlisberger can't be expected to go out there and overrule his coaches and just make things up on the fly like calling his own QB sneak.

Is Tomlin detail orientated? Hahahahahaa......no.

This team is an embodiment of its coach overall. That part from Gonzalez is true.

Whitlock interjects race. I think it has definitely benefited Tomlin, frankly. Some would argue the opposite direction - that it's a reason for the criticism. I think we've moved a few years past that, though. His flaws are just becoming too obvious.

Overall, I just don't think there is this great friction between Tomlin and Ben. It's a weak, contrived argument. There are many issues I have with Tomlin, but I don't think Roethlisberger wants him gone. That's not one of them.

Archived