Kendricks Conundrum; Asked For Trade, Denied

Kiltman

Mychal Kendricks asked to be traded; was denied 

His snaps have decreased more and more...as has his ability seemingly.

a once promising starter basically relegated to role player when we don't need extra corners on the field....not unjustifiably.

what do you think he's worth if he was traded? Do you think he's definitely on the roster this year, or will they find a needy partner 

I don't blame him and I'm guessing the Eagles didn't have any trade interest, unless there are financial repercussions for moving him now.

He wasn't drafted for this defense, and he's out of place, a bad fit, and doesn't even seem to be competing for a starting job at this point.

Id have guessed he's worth at least a 5-6th for the right system but given his injuries and the fact that we haven't traded him, there must not be much interest if at all.

The strange thing is is that he said he was told the team would like to hang onto him.

Probably some sort of fibbing going on. Either they couldn't find a way to get anything decent in return or they are just covering their butts in case Hicks is steadily injured. But either way, there's no way they like/need him as a player. It's clear in the way they utilize him. 

If in fact there's a market somehow, then please move him. He's got some value as a pass rusher and a defender in space. Otherwise, he's a liability. He gets eaten alive by OL, can't shed blocks and gets torched in man. Late round conditional is probably what you'll get in return. Howie can wait until an injury, ala Bradford, and then fleece some team desperate for a LB. 

I hope he sticks around. We have basically no depth at LB. He is rather a more natural 43 OLB, but has played inside in the 34. He should be the unquestioned starter as a plan B. Also, we are way below the cap, so there is no immediate need to strip his salary from the books. 

20 minutes ago, marky_b27 said:

I was thinking that.

Depends how our LB depth performs in preseason as well.

Depth not the issue, it just means we would go young and carry both Don Cherry and Nate Gerry most likely. 

Kendricks is a liability as much as any rookie out there for us, so you might as well just move on from him and see if you can get anything you can for him, his only hope isn't with us, its with some sorta defensive minded team with veteran leadership who can snap him out of his funk(we will never do it). He still has speed, just no body control or technique to his game, needs to relearn how to tackle and play in space. Hes not better of then Cherry or Gerry. 

I actually think Mychal played fine last year people just hate on him because he wasn't part of the nickel because he probably played with the two best 4-3 cover linebackers in football last year. Not really his fault to not be out there. 

Now the request was made in January that was before the draft, my guess is the contract was the deciding factor for not being cut/ or traded. 

Of course now doesn't make much sense, we don't know if Walker returns to form, Gerry can play LB or Grugier-Hill can take on more responsibility.  

On 7/30/2017 at 0:35 AM, ninjapirate said:

I actually think Mychal played fine last year people just hate on him because he wasn't part of the nickel because he probably played with the two best 4-3 cover linebackers in football last year. Not really his fault to not be out there. 

I think its cause he misses so many tackles. 

On 7/30/2017 at 3:05 AM, Bednarik60 said:

Depth not the issue, it just means we would go young and carry both Don Cherry and Nate Gerry most likely. 

Kendricks is a liability as much as any rookie out there for us, so you might as well just move on from him and see if you can get anything you can for him, his only hope isn't with us, its with some sorta defensive minded team with veteran leadership who can snap him out of his funk(we will never do it). He still has speed, just no body control or technique to his game, needs to relearn how to tackle and play in space. Hes not better of then Cherry or Gerry. 

I thought Kendricks was decent in his limited time but even if you didn't think he was good last season you have to admit he's three steps ahead of an UDFA practice squad LB returning from a season ending injury and a 5th round safety that is being converted to a linebacker.

Archived