Kendricks Conundrum; Asked For Trade, Denied

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

That's what I mean. I've seen so many LB's with much less physical ability excel in coverage. It's a matter of putting the work in, and I don't think he does it.

Right, but what I'm saying is, I don't think that is so much a matter of just putting in the work as it is having a natural football IQ.  All the studying in the world doesn't matter if you can't process things in real time.  As @Phire mentioned, you tend to see Kendricks play "over his skis" a lot.  I'm sure for most of his football career that hasn't mattered because he's been able to get by being an elite athlete for his position, but that doesn't always work in the NFL.  When I watch Jordan Hicks play the position or Demeco Ryans when he was here, you see guys that understand how to read the flow of a play, how to craftily move to avoid getting caught in the wash of lineman without getting themselves out of position.  It's an ability that not everyone has or can develop, I think I've seen enough of Kendricks to know he doesn't have it.  Doesn't mean he can't still be an effective player in the right scheme, but I also think he's someone that would be better suited to use his athleticism on the outside and also rush the passer (something Jim Schwartz doesn't seem to value in LBs as he hardly ever blitzes).  He's in a tough spot, I think he's still a good player and could be a quality contributor in the right system, but he signed his contract when he was playing well and now he's in the wrong scheme.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

K but......Eagles have no LB's. Unless you are getting a significant pick or a CB of equal talent not worth dealing him at this point.

Just passing it along...but yea unless they are very confident in Walker, or couldn't turn it down I get whatcha sayin

24 minutes ago, Phire said:

I know it was denied but... after this Matthews trade I'd be on alert for a surprise Kendricks trade. I don't think Howie's done at DB.

Yep.

Keep an eye out on the Dolphins.

We've done business with them before when we traded Maxwell and Alonso to move up in the draft.

They had one of their starting LBs in Koa Misi go down for the season last month.

Then, their 2nd round rookie LB, Raekwon McMillan, tore his ACL in their first preseason game last night.

48 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

1 hour ago, Phire said:

I know it was denied but... after this Matthews trade I'd be on alert for a surprise Kendricks trade. I don't think Howie's done at DB.

Yep.

Keep an eye out on the Dolphins.

We've done business with them before when we traded Maxwell and Alonso to move up in the draft.

They had one of their starting LBs in Koa Misi go down for the season last month.

Then, their 2nd round rookie LB, Raekwon McMillan, tore his ACL in their first preseason game last night.

Yea would be a good spot

if we had picks I'd say a Jarvis Landry move would be possible, some outlets say they haven't been close on a contract and might not pursue resigning him now.

Archived