Mock-Offseason 1.0 (Revised)

whodatworm23

14 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

So...should I write Malcolm Butler’s name in pencil or ink?

No.

Bill wouldn't just bench a player who could help them win. There has to be more to the story than what's out now.

7 hours ago, JMG5 said:

No.

Bill wouldn't just bench a player who could help them win. There has to be more to the story than what's out now.

And considering how tight Bill and Payton are, he'll tell him the whole story an'd that will probably derail that move.  Although I would like to get a proven CB next to Lattimore that would/should be an upgrade over Crawley that might not be possible.  I think the best option we might have is to get another CB on the level of Crawley/high potential guy, and let them battle it out for the #2 spot.  It will increase the level of play from both and give us a better #3 option than PJ Williams.  I'm still a fan of bringing in Eli Apple on a prove it deal if he gets cut by the Giants, by no means do I think we should trade for him or give him a big/guarantee heavy deal.  Something like what we did with Nick Fairley, a 1 yr deal and if he does well we can look to resign him or ship him on his way, though I would probably do like a 2 yr 4 mil contract, 2nd year voidable by making the pro bowl so it gives him incentive to do well and have a chance at a bigger contract and with no guaranteed money we can cut him even in camp without any repercussions.

Archived