What would you rather pair with a an all time great QB?

patriotsheatyan

What would you rather pair with a an all time great QB?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather pair with a an all time great QB?

• All time great running back
    • All time great receiver
    • All time great left tackle

a LT keeps the QB from getting hit which allows him to throw to the WR and also helps blocking in the run game which helps the RB.  LT is the pick, especially if you got a Brady/Brees type QB that seems to be successful regardless of weapons.

LT is not gonna do much if the rest of the oline is garbage.  The o-line as a whole I would easily choose over WR and RB and it's not even close, but just LT?  Maybe not.  Give an elite QB a great o-line though, and he's gonna find somebody open, with even average or worse WRs.  And of course, great o-line helps the average RB look better, and in turn takes even mroe pressure off of the QB.  But if you really want some all-time level bulk statistical years, you need some great WRs.

I mean, great everything helps in its own way.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

a LT keeps the QB from getting hit which allows him to throw to the WR and also helps blocking in the run game which helps the RB.  LT is the pick, especially if you got a Brady/Brees type QB that seems to be successful regardless of weapons.

Yes, you want to protect your wonderful QB.  An elite QB can make a good but not great WR look better than they are.

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

How many of Tom's 5 super bowls did he win with Moss?

How many records did they shatter? I'm not putting their lack of Super Bowl rings (in a very short stint together) on Moss and Brady.

Do you really think if they had Adrian Peterson or Joe Thomas instead of Moss they'd have been better off? I don't.

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:
12 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

How many of Tom's 5 super bowls did he win with Moss?

How many records did they shatter? I'm not putting their lack of Super Bowl rings (in a very short stint together) on Moss and Brady.

Do you really think if they had Adrian Peterson or Joe Thomas instead of Moss they'd have been better off? I don't.

I don't, no. I don't think that any one individual player other than QB really matters. If Moss wasn't there, a less but comparable amount of yards would have been split out among the other players. I think a RB is a wash because having an average running game with an elite QB is enough, otherwise you're taking the ball out of the elite QBs hands too much. And finally OL acts as a unit, not one player. Sure having an elite LT is great because blind spot. But the Packers went 15-1 with Marshall Newhouse at LT lol (albeit the rest of the OL was good). 

Archived