What would you rather pair with a an all time great QB?

patriotsheatyan

What would you rather pair with a an all time great QB?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather pair with a an all time great QB?

• All time great running back
    • All time great receiver
    • All time great left tackle

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

I don't, no. I don't think that any one individual player other than QB really matters. If Moss wasn't there, a less but comparable amount of yards would have been split out among the other players. I think a RB is a wash because having an average running game with an elite QB is enough, otherwise you're taking the ball out of the elite QBs hands too much. And finally OL acts as a unit, not one player. Sure having an elite LT is great because blind spot. But the Packers went 15-1 with Marshall Newhouse at LT lol (albeit the rest of the OL was good). 

So if you have to pick WR/RB/LT, which are you going with?

45 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:
47 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I don't, no. I don't think that any one individual player other than QB really matters. If Moss wasn't there, a less but comparable amount of yards would have been split out among the other players. I think a RB is a wash because having an average running game with an elite QB is enough, otherwise you're taking the ball out of the elite QBs hands too much. And finally OL acts as a unit, not one player. Sure having an elite LT is great because blind spot. But the Packers went 15-1 with Marshall Newhouse at LT lol (albeit the rest of the OL was good). 

So if you have to pick WR/RB/LT, which are you going with?

Gun to my head, LT

All you have to do is look at John Elways and Dan Marino's career for the answer IMO. Running Back!

A QB's best friend even the Greats is a running game. Without a running game you end up being Aaron Rodgers. Arguably the Best QB of his generation but only 1 SB to show for it or god Forbid the Marino of his generation with none. 

Had Dan Marino had any semblance of a Running game let alone a all time great (Payton, Dickerson, Allen), He's going down as the GOAT of QB and the debate isn't even close.

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

All you have to do is look at John Elways and Dan Marino's career for the answer IMO. Running Back!

A QB's best friend even the Greats is a running game. Without a running game you end up being Aaron Rodgers. Arguably the Best QB of his generation but only 1 SB to show for it or god Forbid the Marino of his generation with none. 

Had Dan Marino had any semblance of a Running game let alone a all time great (Payton, Dickerson, Allen), He's going down as the GOAT of QB and the debate isn't even close.

Marino was drafted by a team that literally rode the run game to a Super Bowl appearance and has played with numerous good ones. Not the run game's fault he audibles out of run plays constantly.

38 minutes ago, everlong said:
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Marino was drafted by a team that literally rode the run game to a Super Bowl appearance and has played with numerous good ones. Not the run game's fault he audibles out of run plays constantly.

Please Name the 1,000 yd RB's he played with in his 17yrs? I'm to lazy to look it up. The reason he audible out of Run plays is "because" of the trash behind him. Not inspite of it.

It's like Elway. There's No need to try and pass for 4,000+ if you have a RB like TD running for 2,000 yds.

You put Payton, Dickerson, or Allen behind Marino, He Wins Multiple SB's. Maybe even 3-4!

RB opens up the play action & allows more time to throw by being a voucher and screen option and receiving target.

In today's NFL, DC sends pressure to other side of OL.

QB who are great can open up space for targets, having a great WR is duplication and reduces better asset at other positions.

I feel you get more wins with the RB on the balance of probabilities

Archived