Draft Prospects Packers Are Linked to (Gutey Edition)

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

That time of year, we'll see how many of the guys are brought in. I won the draft contest last year (never got my reward :() simply by using guys we'd had in for visits/ interview in the late rounds. Ted loved picking those guys late, we'll see how Gutey does it.

Why didn't you remind me you doofus. I forgot all about it. It was me that promised it I'm pretty sure. I'll take care of that after work.

I'd rather roll with Memphis QB Riley Ferguson. He has his issues but he has been getting better recently, playing smarter. He is said to have a very good football IQ, which is worth a lot in the NFL. He could be that late rising bargain guy who ends up much better than where he is drafted. Some strength and conditioning work, some coaching on mechanics, and he could be good.

2 hours ago, SSG said:

Yuck, I want no business with JT Barrett.  Great leader, great runner, terrible, terrible accuracy.  In a league where you must throw the ball he'd have to completely reinvent himself.

Maybe he can play a different position?

3 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Why didn't you remind me you doofus. I forgot all about it. It was me that promised it I'm pretty sure. I'll take care of that after work.

I honestly didn't remember until I saw the visits for this year, and I am totally a doofus so it's not surprising that is the case.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I honestly didn't remember until I saw the visits for this year, and I am totally a doofus so it's not surprising that is the case.

I'm sitting at a bar, I'll take care of it when I get home or this week. Throw me a PM with the email you want it sent to. 

I forgot all about it. For a second I thought I did it but I know I don't now. I got you.

We can do it on my dime again this year as long as I don't have to compute scores lol

Per Walters

Here is a recap of the player interviews that were conducted on the field after Thursday's practice for the North Team. Typically, these interviews with area scouts are to set up longer, formal interviews for a night during the week. While teams say they "talk" to every player, teams do not take the time to conduct formal interviews with every draft prospect, so this can be a clue as to which players are on their radar. 

Green Bay Packers - Ohio State defensive end Tyquan Lewis 

Ohio State defensive end Tyquan Lewis showed nice potential to move inside to tackle in a sub-package role with success rushing the passer against guards. He used speed to fire by Scott Quessenberry to win one rep. Lewis used a bull rush to plow Washington State guard Cole Madison into the quarterback marker. Lewis (6-2, 276) lacks length for end in the NFL, and if he adds some weight, he could become a three technique in a 4-3 defense. He could provide mismatch speed against guards with natural pad level. Lewis could be a mid-rounder who develops into a new position at the pro level and becomes a contributor. 

10 hours ago, cannondale said:

Per Walters

Here is a recap of the player interviews that were conducted on the field after Thursday's practice for the North Team. Typically, these interviews with area scouts are to set up longer, formal interviews for a night during the week. While teams say they "talk" to every player, teams do not take the time to conduct formal interviews with every draft prospect, so this can be a clue as to which players are on their radar. 

Green Bay Packers - Ohio State defensive end Tyquan Lewis 

Ohio State defensive end Tyquan Lewis showed nice potential to move inside to tackle in a sub-package role with success rushing the passer against guards. He used speed to fire by Scott Quessenberry to win one rep. Lewis used a bull rush to plow Washington State guard Cole Madison into the quarterback marker. Lewis (6-2, 276) lacks length for end in the NFL, and if he adds some weight, he could become a three technique in a 4-3 defense. He could provide mismatch speed against guards with natural pad level. Lewis could be a mid-rounder who develops into a new position at the pro level and becomes a contributor. 

But we play a 3-4. Where would they play Lewis?... 3T, 5T?

14 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

But we play a 3-4. Where would they play Lewis?... 3T, 5T?

Are we sure that Pettine is set as a 3-4 base defense?  From all accounts, he is a multiple front and versatile DC that will try to match the scheme to the players on hand.  

Archived