Draft Prospects Packers Are Linked to (Gutey Edition)

Packerraymond

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Are we sure that Pettine is set as a 3-4 base defense?  From all accounts, he is a multiple front and versatile DC that will try to match the scheme to the players on hand.  

I guess I’m basing in on the fact he has run a 3-4 every place he’s been hasn’t he?

bringing in a guy to be strictly a pass rush DT in nickel or dime seems odd. We only get so many players on the roster. From film and the senior bowl practice I don’t think I see an OLB either. 

Maybe they think they can put another 25# on him and backup Daniels. 

4 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I guess I’m basing in on the fact he has run a 3-4 every place he’s been hasn’t he?

bringing in a guy to be strictly a pass rush DT in nickel or dime seems odd. We only get so many players on the roster. From film and the senior bowl practice I don’t think I see an OLB either. 

From the press conference the other day, Pettine made it sound like 4-3 or 3-4 is an older way of thinking about things.  In today's game, you have to be able to run a variation of fronts and sub packages.  

It Lewis can be an interior pass rusher and help that aspect of the team out, there is always a place for those players on a roster.

Just now, squire12 said:

From the press conference the other day, Pettine made it sound like 4-3 or 3-4 is an older way of thinking about things.  In today's game, you have to be able to run a variation of fronts and sub packages.  

It Lewis can be an interior pass rusher and help that aspect of the team out, there is always a place for those players on a roster.

Unless you have a DL or 2 go down. Then your sitting with a 275# 3T in base. Not ideal. 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, NormSizedMidget said:

Why didn't you remind me you doofus. I forgot all about it. It was me that promised it I'm pretty sure. I'll take care of that after work.

Don't hold your breathe I'm still waiting on mine from 2,3 years ago! Lol.

On 1/26/2018 at 2:21 PM, MantyWrestler said:

Unless you have a DL or 2 go down. Then your sitting with a 275# 3T in base. Not ideal. 

I think what they are saying is 3-4 or 4-3 is not really "base" defense anymore.  You are arguing which players will be ideal for 20-30 percent of snaps if you are arguing who your players in that defense are.

6 hours ago, Stevein2012 said:

I think what they are saying is 3-4 or 4-3 is not really "base" defense anymore.  You are arguing which players will be ideal for 20-30 percent of snaps if you are arguing who your players in that defense are.

My point is that he may only be useful for 20% if the snaps. 

Nick Perry is listed at 6-3 265

Clay Matthews is listed at 6-3 255

Julius Peppers is listed at 6-7 295

Lewis is listed at 6-2 275

Looking at the numbers you might think Lewis would be too big, but he seems to carry the weight well. Seems like edge guys are trending heavier. Would be great if he was 2" taller. Will be interesting to see what his arm length measures. As with every other edge, explosion numbers at the combine will tell the tale I would guess. One report said he seemed slow off the ball FWIW.  If he is a 4th round type guy, it sure wouldn't hurt if a guy like him was the second of a double dip at that position. 

Image result for Tyquan Lewis

8 hours ago, cannondale said:

Nick Perry is listed at 6-3 265

Clay Matthews is listed at 6-3 255

Julius Peppers is listed at 6-7 295

Lewis is listed at 6-2 275

Looking at the numbers you might think Lewis would be too big, but he seems to carry the weight well. Seems like edge guys are trending heavier. Would be great if he was 2" taller. Will be interesting to see what his arm length measures. As with every other edge, explosion numbers at the combine will tell the tale I would guess. One report said he seemed slow off the ball FWIW.  If he is a 4th round type guy, it sure wouldn't hurt if a guy like him was the second of a double dip at that position. 

Image result for Tyquan Lewis

I guess I could live with him after the 3rd or 4th round. 

On 1/26/2018 at 1:15 PM, MantyWrestler said:

Literally every team has these guys. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:
On 1/26/2018 at 1:15 PM, MantyWrestler said:

Literally every team has these guys. 

Wasn't that what D Jones was for GB?  

Archived