BrownLeader 2018 Mock Draft pt1

BrownLeader

Love the Bengals first round pick of Orlando Brown.

While I get the Allen pick somewhat, with Marvin Lewis and Lazor coming back I see them sticking with Dalton for another couple of years.  Personally, I'd zero in on centers and LBs.  Since Tremaine Edmunds is slipping here, I'm sprinting to the podium, especially since Ragnow went one pick earlier.

In the third, I don't see a WR, but anything is possible.  Maybe we grab Falk, but I'd go for center, TE,  or safety.  With the board as it is, I'd go Jaylen Samuels withthe Zeitler  comp pick, Baker works, but since we need a safety, let's make Momma Edmunds happy and take Terrell Edmunds there, or take another tackle like JeMarco Jones.  Target center in the fourth, unless we actually got aggressive in free agency and got a center there

7 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

or the 2nd though.... Sitting at #33 with Arden Key still on the boards you drafted a RB that I have never heard of. (Not saying the kid has no talent but he could be available in the 3rd.)  Draft BPA. I'd value an OT over RB as well K. Miller is going to be a stud and Browns need a RT. But again if Key falls to us at #33. Draft him. 

You should know who Kerryon Johnson is. That being said, he's hella overrated. He is solid at everything, but doesn't have the speed or the power necessary to be a great NFL RB.

Arden Key is a poop stain. There are also rumors that he's a big druggie...allegedly. Hell to the naw on him. If other teams are that concerned with his issues that it keeps him out of the 1st round, I don't want to be the team that takes the risk on that dude.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

You should know who Kerryon Johnson is. That being said, he's hella overrated. He is solid at everything, but doesn't have the speed or the power necessary to be a great NFL RB.

Arden Key is a poop stain. There are also rumors that he's a big druggie...allegedly. Hell to the naw on him. If other teams are that concerned with his issues that it keeps him out of the 1st round, I don't want to be the team that takes the risk on that dude.

I’ll look at the rb. 

That is all

mc

Not a fan of the Saints wasting a pick on a TE. None of the TEs in this draft seem like outstanding talents and the Saints need someone who will contribute right off the bat. Rookie TEs generally don't contribute that much. It's a waste of a 1st round pick in my opinion, especially when they have Edmunds and Payne still on the board. Both of which fill a bigger need for the Saints. 

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

For the Broncos

I like it but I'd do this:

5. Denver Broncos - Baker Mayfield |QB| Oklahoma
40. Denver Broncos - Sony Michel |RB| Georgia
71. Denver Broncos -  Jerome Baker |LB| Ohio St
101. Denver Broncos - Jamarco Jones |OT| Ohio St

Id be down for this

On 1/17/2018 at 6:06 PM, FalconFan13 said:

I don't really hate the positions we take but i can't really get behind taking prospects worse than guys that went behind us at the same positions.  That just makes no sense to me whatsoever.  Daron Payne is a 15 to 20 guy and we can almost get Phillips in the 2nd round at our pick.   Payne is a much better player and prospect coming out and it's not really that close to me.  I would take any of Payne, Christian, Hurst, or Vea in the 1st round now if Phillips was our 2nd round pick i would be all for it as thats good and fair value.

You came back and did the same exact thing in the 2nd round by taking Mike G who is a 3rd to 4th round pick in the 2nd round he's not even the 2nd or 3rd best TE prospect in this draft that would be Goedert, Fumagalli, Samuels, and heck maybe even Breeneman.  He might not make it top 5 now that im thinking about it. When Mark Andrews who is a early to mid 2nd round guy and more talented is available there at our pick. 

Wims i like as a WR although i wish he was also a good return man as we really need a good slot receiver and return guy as i think Gab is gone.  Plus i don't think he goes as high as the 3rd round again with the WR class out there right now.  He is more so a 5th round guy who i would be ok taking in the late 4th. 

You did positions ok but the guys we got compared to what we could have had was terrible.  Here is the best draft we could have hoped for where we picked and who was available.

1st - Daron Payne - DT - Top 15  to 20 prospect and maybe the best DT of the big 4 from 15 to 32.

2nd - Brian O'Neill - OT/OG  - We need O-line help badly and he could step in right away to fix one of our OG positions in our zone blocking scheme.

3rd - Troy Fumagalli - TE - He is more than likely the 3rd best TE in this class after Hurst and Andrews. A 2nd to 3rd round TE and we would be lucky if he falls this far.  Great size and better athlete than most TE in this draft.  Knows routes well and great hands but the best part i like about him is he is a very good blocker and is a 3 down TE.

Simply disagree on Payne vs Phillips. Payne has great upside and is big and athletic but he's not the run stuffer he looks like he should be. He's high off the snap and gets clobbered by the double.

He's basically a 3 tech in a NT body. Something like Stephen Paea or Phil Taylor.

But Gesicki over Andrews is actually a mistake. When I refigured the draft order I kept the same slottings.  Andrews should come off the board first.

Fumagalli though I'm not especially high on. Right now I think he's a 4th 5th round guy.

21 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm not a fan of drafting an OG in the first for the Steelers. We need help all along the defense. Even if Ramon Foster ends up being a cap casualty, we have BJ Finney to step in. We need help at DT, ILB, OLB, FS, and SS. 

Finney is a career back up. He might be a decent starter but there's not much behind him. Foster is declining and with only a year left under contract. Finney's a restricted guy next year. An injury to either could be a liability. My thinking was...right now, I don't think there's great value at the bottom of the 1st for a S or an ILB. The defensive starters upfront are solid...so maybe a better ball control offense could help out just as much as looking for upgrades there. The Steelers have rarely drafted a 1st round RB. So it brought me to OL Hernandez....who is a prototypical Steeler style lineman.

54 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Finney is a career back up. He might be a decent starter but there's not much behind him. Foster is declining and with only a year left under contract. Finney's a restricted guy next year. An injury to either could be a liability. My thinking was...right now, I don't think there's great value at the bottom of the 1st for a S or an ILB. The defensive starters upfront are solid...so maybe a better ball control offense could help out just as much as looking for upgrades there. The Steelers have rarely drafted a 1st round RB. So it brought me to OL Hernandez....who is a prototypical Steeler style lineman.

I hope that doesn't occur but I respect your reasoning.

Archived