BrownLeader 2018 Mock Draft pt1

BrownLeader

On 1/17/2018 at 6:27 PM, INbengalfan said:

Love the Bengals first round pick of Orlando Brown.

While I get the Allen pick somewhat, with Marvin Lewis and Lazor coming back I see them sticking with Dalton for another couple of years.  Personally, I'd zero in on centers and LBs.  Since Tremaine Edmunds is slipping here, I'm sprinting to the podium, especially since Ragnow went one pick earlier.

In the third, I don't see a WR, but anything is possible.  Maybe we grab Falk, but I'd go for center, TE,  or safety.  With the board as it is, I'd go Jaylen Samuels withthe Zeitler  comp pick, Baker works, but since we need a safety, let's make Momma Edmunds happy and take Terrell Edmunds there, or take another tackle like JeMarco Jones.  Target center in the fourth, unless we actually got aggressive in free agency and got a center there

I think Josh Allen needs at least a couple years. And Jerome Baker might be a SS.

I might need to fit Jamarco Jones in there somewhere. I'm not high on him but I see the consensus putting him inside the first 3 Rounds.

On 1/17/2018 at 6:22 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

You hit probably the top 3 needs for the Titans. I’m not sure on Davenport yet. I’ll have to dig into more of him. Edmunds is a great pick but I highly doubt he’s there that late in the 2nd. Literally know nothing about Rod Taylor but it’s definitely a need.

I think Tremaine Edmunds is overrated. But he's young and athletic so the upside is large. You're right though, probably not getting out the 1st but I'll wait and see how his stock looks post combine...if he's as athletic as expected.

13 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Simply disagree on Payne vs Phillips. Payne has great upside and is big and athletic but he's not the run stuffer he looks like he should be. He's high off the snap and gets clobbered by the double.

He's basically a 1 tech in a NT body. Something like Stephen Paea or Phil Taylor.

But Gesicki over Andrews is actually a mistake. When I refigured the draft order I kept the same slottings.  Andrews should come off the board first.

Fumagalli though I'm not especially high on. Right now I think he's a 4th 5th round guy.

Fair enough and i respect your thoughts on it although it seems we disagree on the phillips and payne thing.  But thats gonna happen from time to time between mockers we all see things differently.  You are much higher on Phillips than i am as i have him as maybe my 5th or 6th DT and i think he might be your #1 guy if i remember from your board rankings. sorry if im off on that i've checked it a few times but can't always remember everyones.    Also as far as O'niell goes in the 2nd round i think i will retract that after hearing Dimitroff today as he said he is wanting to look at the O-line FA instead of the draft because the Og class is solid this year in FA and he thinks lineman develop to slow as rookies so he prefers vet guys on the line.

I don't dislike Phillips i just think most people will have him in the mid 2nd round and if we really wanted him we could trade down to the early to mid 2nd round pick up a 3rd or 4th and take him there which with us losing a 5th this year already i wouldn't be totally against doing honestly.

Also Quinn said Beasley will be 100% moving back to DE and only DE the LB experiment is over for him so maybe a LB somewhere in the 1st few rounds could be a bigger option now depending on who is there.  

On 1/18/2018 at 1:03 PM, BrownLeader said:

Finney is a career back up. He might be a decent starter but there's not much behind him. Foster is declining and with only a year left under contract. Finney's a restricted guy next year. An injury to either could be a liability. My thinking was...right now, I don't think there's great value at the bottom of the 1st for a S or an ILB. The defensive starters upfront are solid...so maybe a better ball control offense could help out just as much as looking for upgrades there. The Steelers have rarely drafted a 1st round RB. So it brought me to OL Hernandez....who is a prototypical Steeler style lineman.

Finney has been very good when filling in for Foster. Saying he is a career backup is wishful thinking.  And Foster isnt great, but he is cheap and solid.         

We have far more glaring needs.    The pick still makes little sense.    We have a young POTENTIAL starting caliber OG behind our current starting OG, yet at other positions, we have far more glaring needs.   OG isnt even a top 7 need on this team.    QB of the future, RB to replace Bell, TE, DT, ILB, OLB, S and CB are all far bigger needs than OG.   You could even argue OT depending what happens with Gilbert.

Archived