Todd Haley Leaving Pittsburgh; QB coach Randy Fichtner to replace him

The Gnat

6 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Well, he's not be signed again anyways. I wonder whom they'll look at for a new OC?

Given Munchak turned down a 2nd HC interview with ARI, and media reported yesterday that Big Ben said he'd prefer as little change as possible - people thought that was support to keep Haley, but given above it sounds like an internal promotion of Munchak.  Which in reality puts a lot more playcalling on Ben on-field - which he probably was pushing for behind the scenes.  Guess we'll see how that works out, he got what he wanted.

Edited by Broncofan

Letting Haley walk is for the best. He's a TERRIBLE situational playcaller and an even worse communicator; everywhere he goes we hear about how much everyone hates him.

I wouldn't promote Munchack. I think his calling in football is coaching offensive lines. Part of the reason for Pittsburgh's offensive explosion in recent years is due to the significant improvement in their offensive line play.

Edited by everlong
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Wait so the OC he just had his offense drop 40 on one of the best defenses in football is leaving...... Okay

If you watched the game, you should understand. The offense scored that much in-spite of Haley. His playcalling through much of the game was dreadful.

42 points against the Jags, 3rd in total offense this year. You can say he has some bad calls situationally but literally every coordinator does. Offensive production doesn't seem like the problem in Pittsburgh to me but hey, guess they're banking on this raising them from the third best offense to the 2nd or 1st.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

If you watched the game, you should understand. The offense scored that much in-spite of Haley. His playcalling through much of the game was dreadful.

Your fan-base always hates your OC. You guys shat on Arians too. No play-caller is perfect. There are things that frustrate Rams fans about McVay and Saints fans about Payton. At the end of the day, y'all can be a bit overdramatic.

• Like 7