Todd Haley Leaving Pittsburgh; QB coach Randy Fichtner to replace him

The Gnat

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

To be honest, I only saw one unbiased comment about Haley that gave him credit but also gave him fair criticism. The majority of Steeler fans who commented went all homer and act like he was Hue Jackson running flea flicker passes on their own 1 yard line (not literally). I can't respect that, and kudos to those who offer an impartial take on Haley without getting butthurt about how abrasive he was, all of those other people look foolish kicking rocks at a guy who had your offense #3 in the league and was 13-3, as well as not offering Keith Butler the same ridicule.

Just because we aren't explicitly praising the things that he did do well does not mean that we don't give him ANY credit. The criticisms were largely in response to those coming in as if this was a crazy move, as I said previously. The context of the conversation does not require explicit credit for the good things that he did with the offense (went away from Arians 5-7 step drops in favor of quicker passes, overall better offensive playbook). Most Steelers fans just wanted to make it clear that he definitely had his issues in Pittsburgh (despite the high rankings in offense, he largely held back the offense with his play calling).

Haley may improve the offense for the Browns, but be prepared for screen passes galore regardless of his success as long as he is calling the plays. This will be by far the least talent that he will have had on offense (unless of course the Browns turn around the roster majorly over the offseason) so it is tough to gauge how he will do.

For the Steelers going forward, we will be fine as long as Fichtner learned from Haley's shortcomings as a playcaller. The offensive playbook will likely stay largely the same, hopefully with a QB sneak thrown back into the playbook.

Additionally, you did not point me to where Ben supposedly checked out of a QB sneak. I'd be very curious to know if you ACTUALLY saw that anywhere or whether you were just making that up.

@skywlker32,and any other Steelers fans,  dont waste time with MSURacer.    Seriously.

He is the same guy that had a mental breakdown a few years ago when I said Joe Haden wasnt elite, even after giving numerous legit reasons why I felt that way.

And now he is bashing Steeler fans for supposedly hating and being biased against Haley, when he did the exact same thing when the Steelers acquired Haden.   

Steeler fans over the last 2-3 years have wanted Haley gone, and many of us have offered objective takes about him in the past.  Numerous Steeler fans never wanted Haley hired to begin with.    Even many non-Steeler fans over the years have commented on Haley's incompetence.   The ones on here who have done so, MSURacer has just blew them off.   Citing our offensive ranking and attempting to discredit Steeler fans is literally the only thing he has done in this thread.

all of those other people look foolish kicking rocks at a guy who had your offense #3 in the league and was 13-3, as well as not offering Keith Butler the same ridicule.

Newsflash, many Steeler fans HAVE given Butler similar ridicule.   Many on the Steeler forum have called for him to be fired.   (Perhaps learn all the facts before you comment on something.)

The difference?    Butler severely lacks talent on defense in several areas, while Haley has had a great QB, elite RB, elite WR (and a good WR corp overall) and a very good OLine over the last 4 years.   And Ive already pointed out why Steeler fans "kick rocks" at Haley that have nothing to do with the overall offensive ranking you keep posting which lacks context.   Funny how you utterly failed to address those accurate points against Haley, while just continuously citing our offensive rankings.   Then you want to label Steeler fans "bias"?    

Just another example of you ignoring facts and context to push your agenda.