NFL News & Notes

Leader

18 hours ago, VonKarman said:

He's worth more. He's a Top 5 - Top 10 WR.

What? In fantasy?

because the way I see it….

Jefferson

Hill

Lamb

Adams

Chase

St Brown

Aiyuk

Evans

Brown

D. Smith

Kupp

K. Allen

Moore

Metcalf

G Wilson

Diggs

Samuel

Hopkins

…there’s more WR talent than I think the league has ever had before. Collin’s is good, but that’s a lot of ridiculous talent you have to put him on top of to be top 10! I feel there’s an argument he deserves to crack the top 20 but you gotta mad disrespect some players to put him top 5

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The list of guys who would have been better draft picks in that spot than Amari Rodgers is pretty long.  Like they could have had Nico Collins, sure, but they also could have had Amon-Re St. Brown.

Amon would’ve just loved Rodgers not throwing to him as a rookie. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Amon would’ve just loved Rodgers not throwing to him as a rookie. 

I also think there is a league quota of only one St. Brown on a team at a time. 

11 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

What? In fantasy?

because the way I see it….

Jefferson

Hill

Lamb

Adams

Chase

St Brown

Aiyuk

Evans

Brown

D. Smith

Kupp

K. Allen

Moore

Metcalf

G Wilson

Diggs

Samuel

Hopkins

…there’s more WR talent than I think the league has ever had before. Collin’s is good, but that’s a lot of ridiculous talent you have to put him on top of to be top 10! I feel there’s an argument he deserves to crack the top 20 but you gotta mad disrespect some players to put him top 5

For the duration of his contract (4 years total), I'd have the following clearly above:

Jefferson

Chase

Lamb

Aiyuk

AJ Brown

Hill&Adams I have doubts due to their age (would take them above for a 2-year window)

Here is the problem when you start paying a diva position like WR. The Dolphins now have a problem on their hands. Tyreek Hill will count 31 million against the cap this year. In years 25 and 26 he will count 34 million and 56 million. 

The Phins just signed Waddle to a three-year extension averaging 28 million a year. 

Hill wants a new deal because Waddle's deal averages more than his deal did when he signed it. 

PFT: Tyreek Hill Looking For New Contract (msn.com)

Just keep drafting WRs Green Bay, if you strike on one that is top 5 pay him. Let the rest of them walk or trade them and draft more. 

This is non-sense 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Here is the problem when you start paying a diva position like WR. The Dolphins now have a problem on their hands. Tyreek Hill will count 31 million against the cap this year. In years 25 and 26 he will count 34 million and 56 million. 

The Phins just signed Waddle to a three-year extension averaging 28 million a year. 

Hill wants a new deal because Waddle's deal averages more than his deal did when he signed it. 

Just keep drafting WRs Green Bay, if you strike on one that is top 5 pay him. Let the rest of them walk or trade them and draft more. 

This is non-sense 

Yeah, I'm afraid we may only be able to retain two. These WRs are making stupid money. If Watson has a breakout year be prepared to fork out 30k plus. Gonna be hard to keep this core together after the Love deal. Too many mouths to feed.

25 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Yeah, I'm afraid we may only be able to retain two. These WRs are making stupid money. If Watson has a breakout year be prepared to fork out 30k plus. Gonna be hard to keep this core together after the Love deal. Too many mouths to feed.

Keep the OL together and stick with a perpetual youth movement at wr. Draft one every year and keep the position loaded that way instead of paying high prices vets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This is non-sense 

Hill was last year's best receiver. 31M against the cap is not such a high number. And he's not playing in 2026 with his current deal. Also, Hill's deal (4Y/120M) is higher than Waddle's, having also a higher fully guaranteed amount.

You keep your great players, if those happen to be 2 WR you still do it. Dolphins cap/roster problems arise from the draft capital invested in trades and the fact that you are obliged to extend the players you trade for (Hill/Ramsey/Chubb, and therefore the cost is draft capital+contract), as well as the bad FA huge contracts they've given (Byron Jones/Ogbah) and not hitting many premium picks.

21 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Hill was last year's best receiver. 31M against the cap is not such a high number. And he's not playing in 2026 with his current deal. Also, Hill's deal (4Y/120M) is higher than Waddle's, having also a higher fully guaranteed amount.

You keep your great players, if those happen to be 2 WR you still do it. Dolphins cap/roster problems arise from the draft capital invested in trades and the fact that you are obliged to extend the players you trade for (Hill/Ramsey/Chubb, and therefore the cost is draft capital+contract), as well as the bad FA huge contracts they've given (Byron Jones/Ogbah) and not hitting many premium picks.

Not the point! WR's are diva's by nature. Pay one and keep a revolving door going by continuing to draft the position. We are in a position where we have 4 you can count are pretty good (Watson in there if healthy), two or three more that might be good in Heath, Melton and Dubois. 

Get two more next year and trade one away next off season. Wash, rinse and repeat. Pay the best one, whoever that turns out to be. 

6 hours ago, St Vince said:

If Watson has a breakout year be prepared to fork out 30k plus. 

I think we can manage that altho he should fire his agent lol. 

• Like 1