NFL News & Notes

Leader

41 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We also want the Rams, Redskins, and Panthers to keep winning because they can get a better record than the Saints. 

For purposes of earning a playoff spot for the Green & Gold...
...both the Redskins and the Panthers are above GB on the Wild Card Chart and need to lose some games. On the off chance GB doesn't win the division, might need some help and Washington beat GB head - to- head. Isn't making the playoffs is mo' impotent than a few slots at the end of the 1st round ?

8 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

...both the Redskins and the Panthers are above GB on the Wild Card Chart and need to lose some games. On the off chance GB doesn't win the division, might need some help and Washington beat GB head - to- head. Isn't making the playoffs is mo' impotent than a few slots at the end of the 1st round ?

Yes, especially since the draft pick is ultimately going to come down to how far the Saints advance in the playoffs. Sure, we could climb a spot or two if the Redskins overtake the Saints and they're knocked out at the same time, but what we should be rooting for is A) the Packers getting into the playoffs, followed by B) the Saints getting knocked out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Redskins are probably winning the East and the Panthers have the first Wild Card unless they implode. We either win the North or fight the Seahawks, Falcons and Vikings for the last WC.

I agree with your overall point though, the playoffs are more important than the Saints' pick.

Just cuz I like keeping tabs on guys...Quentin Nelson is getting a lot of press lately.  Luck's gone like 4 games without being sacked...think I read where he wasn't even touched last week.

Here's an article and a link to Q's play...Brian Baldinger is already calling him the best guard in football...  Of course, this is from the Colts website....  :)

https://www.colts.com/news/quenton-nelson-already-the-best-guard-in-football

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Just cuz I like keeping tabs on guys...Quentin Nelson is getting a lot of press lately.  Luck's gone like 4 games without being sacked...think I read where he wasn't even touched last week.

Here's an article and a link to Q's play...Brian Baldinger is already calling him the best guard in football...  Of course, this is from the Colts website....  :)

Guy is gonna have so much cte when he's done. Blocks with his head like always.

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I will have to read that article. I seen he was Mic'd up for his last game. He let out a fantastic battle cry as he was blocking Barry Church (I think). He was yelling the entire time he was blocking him. 

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I went hunting for that clip...found articles stating that the scream came from a different play and the Colts put it over that Barry Church play when he trucked him.  Pretty funny read.

This is where I first heard about it. Your comment bums me a little bit, but his  scream is incredible nonetheless.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/colts-lineman-quenton-nelson-screams-block-video-micd-up-jaguars-church-nfl

• Like 1

Take articles from Colts website to troll Outpost. 

1181175.jpg

Quenton Nelson has a grade of 71.0
Braden Smith has a grade of 70.0
Will Hernandez has a grade of 69.4
Mike McGlinchey has a grade of 77.3

This is all the proof I need to show that:

1. You take the tackle.  The tackle is better, more important position.
2. There is no super duper all-time great rookie OG that you can't get with greater or equal value in the second. 

The Colts are 26th in sacks, 26th in points allowed and are sitting at 4-5.

Anybody who still thinks the Colts taking Nelson 6th overall was a good idea... I hope you become GM of the Bears, Vikings or Lions. 

Quenton Nelson is going to be a good guard in the NFL.  He's not ever going to be a good enough guard to warrant having taken him 6th overall.  Especially not when Fitzpatrick, Payne, Davenport and McGlinchey look just as good/better at more important positions. 

Dude (Outpost), I wish I had that much hair!

All in good fun, man, all in good fun.  Just keeping tabs on Q as I really liked him in the draft.

I agree with everything you said, except that Nelson is already a "good" guard.  He's going to become an "amazing" guard.  And still...just a guard.  My buddy who is a Colts fan, credits him with turning that line around.  I had to remind him that getting Costanzo back at LT helped a wee bit as well.  :)