NFL News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Run well no.

Have you seen the Jets, Rams, Texans, Browns....??

I would bet they aren't even bottom 10 if I looked at poorly run franchises recently.

You’re right, but worst run is more fun to say than 6th worst run.  

Just for the helluvit.....a The Draft Network mock draft for the (now) Tom Brady led Buccaneers:

Round 1, Pick No. 14: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Round 2, Pick No. 45: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
TRADE: Tamp Bay moves up to No. 54, parting with Nos. 76 and 117
Round 3, Pick No. 54: Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State
Round 4, Pick No. 139: Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis
Round 5, Pick No. 161: Larrell Murchison, DL, NC State
Round 6, Pick No. 194: Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State 

I'm more or less accepting the facts...

• We were going to and did lose a RT and an ILB.
  • We signed a RT and an ILB.

And that's about it for free agency.  I'm sure we will be bargain shoppers, as well we should, but I'm thinking we are about done.

Putting a little bit of realism here hoping that I'm proven wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

And that's about it for free agency.  I'm sure we will be bargain shoppers, as well we should, but I'm thinking we are about done.

This shouldn't be the case though, not for a team supposedly on the brink of a SB appearance. Why did we restructure Rodgers to gain cap room in the short term? We have major holes at WR and DL and still have some issues at ILB (even after Kirksey) and TE. We could use depth at several other positions. We still have around $15m in cap and have other moves at our disposal to create more. I'm fine with GB "waiting" for some better deals out there, but this roster needs some more work beyond what the draft will provide. 

25 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This shouldn't be the case though, not for a team supposedly on the brink of a SB appearance. Why did we restructure Rodgers to gain cap room in the short term? We have major holes at WR and DL and still have some issues at ILB (even after Kirksey) and TE. We could use depth at several other positions. We still have around $15m in cap and have other moves at our disposal to create more. I'm fine with GB "waiting" for some better deals out there, but this roster needs some more work beyond what the draft will provide. 

You know?  I was thinking about exactly the same thing this morning...concerning Rodgers' restructure.  I'm really hopeful that we are waiting out the WR free agents.  It would be a shame not to get one.

My post...well....I hoped (and still do) that I'll be proven wrong and WHAMMMO here comes Yannick, or Emmanuel, or Robby, or (Insert DL here).

36 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We also lost a TE.

I thought Peat was an interesting FA candidate that might be had fairly cheaply like Wagner. I couldn't be more wrong! A $57.5 million contract with $33m guaranteed xD

I'm disappointed Ebron is gone but at the same time i'm not disappointed either. His career is full of inconsistency. I have my eye on Ricky Seals-Jones right now, wouldn't mind kicking the tyres on him. He's a big athletic guy with some decent NFL production and is still only 25 years old. We should be all over that and I bet he comes cheaper than Ebron.

I'm glad there's been very little movement in the WR market. Could potentially mean nabbing a solid one at a bargain price. Devin Funchess is there but not sure of the fit with Rodgers, as I've said in the past he works better with quicker and agile receivers like Adams, Jennings and Driver rather than a big and tall type. Demarcus Robinson showed some flashes last season so he might be an interesting candidate. I really liked Paul Richardson from his time in Seattle but he completely sunk since he left. His value is rock bottom but he's only 28 and he might actually be a good fit with Rodgers especially with his deep threat ability - if he still has it.

Edited by Chili