NFL News & Notes

Leader

Colin Cowherd - My Top 5 Arm Talents

1. Wilson
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Murray
5. Goff

Ben Fennell -  Drew literally can’t complete comebacks anymore. How does anyone leave off Rodgers/Mahomes. Most gifted right arms on the planet.

My list...

Mahomes
Rodgers
Stafford
Murray
Wilson

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Colin Cowherd - My Top 5 Arm Talents

1. Wilson
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Murray
5. Goff

Ben Fennell -  Drew literally can’t complete comebacks anymore. How does anyone leave off Rodgers/Mahomes. Most gifted right arms on the planet.

My list...

Mahomes
Rodgers
Stafford
Murray
Wilson

Man I read that comebacks line like 5 times, trying to figure it why Drew couldn't comeback in a game. Lol

Also his list is strange, seems like he's just about accuracy? I would have liked to hear him explain it. 

Edited by Norm

31 minutes ago, Norm said:

Man I read that comebacks line like 5 times, trying to figure it why Drew couldn't comeback in a game. Lol
Also his list is strange, seems like he's just about accuracy? I would have liked to hear him explain it. 

I didnt see it, but there's a video on Twitter which you can watch if interested.
The "caption" to the tweet says this: "When I think of arm talent, I think, 'Do you throw a catchable ball? Is it in stride?'"

He probably goes into greater detail, but I've not watched it.

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

I didnt see it, but there's a video on Twitter which you can watch if interested.
The "caption" to the tweet says this: "When I think of arm talent, I think, 'Do you throw a catchable ball? Is it in stride?'"

He probably goes into greater detail, but I've not watched it.

I remember him talking about this once after I posted where he was saying arm strength is overrated so he prefers placement, etc. Which is fair. 

46 minutes ago, Norm said:

I remember him talking about this once after I posted where he was saying arm strength is overrated so he prefers placement, etc. Which is fair. 

Agreed. In context of placement over strength I think NOLA has been using Hill's arm on the long balls over Brees. Not on everything of course...but I seem to recall seeing Hill chucking it deep fairly often.

33 minutes ago, Pick6byWoodson said:

How would you guys feel about Josh Gordon if he gets reinstated to play?

I've wanted Gordon for years.....but in hindsight its probably best we didnt venture down that path unless you want to make the argument that a stop in GB would have altered the path he was on - which is impossible to make. As for now.....his last turn with NE he seemed off his game. Why? I cant say, but the games I saw at least....the imposing WR/athlete was MIA. If we didnt have Funchess and he came cheap.....I wouldnt see the harm in picking him up. I dont think he's ever been a locker room disruption / distraction...but its not gonna happen anyway.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Agreed. In context of placement over strength I think NOLA has been using Hill's arm on the long balls over Brees. Not on everything of course...but I seem to recall seeing Hill chucking it deep fairly often.

He's only thrown the ball thirteen times in the last two years. Couldn't be THAT often. 

Yahoo Sports - NFL coaching veteran Joe Bugel, who developed the fabled 1980s offensive line "The Hogs" died Sunday at age 80. Regarded as one of the greatest offensive line coaches of all time, Bugel served as head coach with the then-Phoenix Cardinals from 1990-93 and with the then-Oakland Raiders in 1997.

That meme of Cam is one of those where I think he made a completely reasonable and probably correct decision. Even before the gif cuts off, he's gathered himself and dove back in. I don't know how a guy who has taken the punishment that Newton has over his career gets derided as gutless based on that, but that's where we are in the century. 

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

That meme of Cam is one of those where I think he made a completely reasonable and probably correct decision. Even before the gif cuts off, he's gathered himself and dove back in. I don't know how a guy who has taken the punishment that Newton has over his career gets derided as gutless based on that, but that's where we are in the century. 

Charles Woodson prolly shouldn’t have dove for the PBU in SBLV either just so he didn’t break his collarbone, right?  Cam is likely never getting back to the SB and prolly wishes he had tried harder for that ball.  The desire to win at any sacrifice shows between these two.