NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah.  I'll bet you and your armchair football IQ is more accurate than a guy who was a GM of an NFL franchise.I'll bet if Whaley had tweeted the statement, you'd be out here posting it.

You should have quit yesterday when you said you were done posting about this. If they fire Pace, we'll see just how difficult a time they have replacing Nagy - if he's in fact let go. The incoming GM would probably want his own guy, but who knows. I think Pace for to blame for the organization's situation than I do Nagy.

Jerry Jones expressed frustration about how Cooper’s vaccination status has impacted the team.

“Amari Cooper is outstanding. He’s one of the highest-character guys that you will ever be around in any area. He’s outstanding in his introspect and how he does things,” Jones said. “Nobody is saying he isn’t outstanding, but this is a classic case of how it can impact a team. At the end of the day, this is team. You cannot win anything individually. … The point is, it popped us. This did pop us.”

If Cooper were vaccinated, he would have been eligible to return if he was asymptomatic for 48 hours and had two negative tests 24 hours apart.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Jerry Jones expressed frustration about how Cooper’s vaccination status has impacted the team.

“Amari Cooper is outstanding. He’s one of the highest-character guys that you will ever be around in any area. He’s outstanding in his introspect and how he does things,” Jones said. “Nobody is saying he isn’t outstanding, but this is a classic case of how it can impact a team. At the end of the day, this is team. You cannot win anything individually. … The point is, it popped us. This did pop us.”

If Cooper were vaccinated, he would have been eligible to return if he was asymptomatic for 48 hours and had two negative tests 24 hours apart.

Totally agree with Jerry .. anyone that isn't vaccinated is putting their team at risk in multiple ways.  Rodgers cost the Packers a win in GB .. Cooper may be costing his team wins as well.  

Adam Schefter -   Where it stands with Matt Nagy before today's game vs. Detroit:

George McCaskey and Ted Phillips both told him this week's report was a "complete lie", per sources. Nagy has not been told by anyone he's being fired. McCaskey spoke to team Weds, and told players what he told Nagy.

21 hours ago, Leader said:

You should have quit yesterday when you said you were done posting about this. If they fire Pace, we'll see just how difficult a time they have replacing Nagy - if he's in fact let go. The incoming GM would probably want his own guy, but who knows. I think Pace for to blame for the organization's situation than I do Nagy.

I'd say you should have quit when you were ahead, but you've never been a head.

A bot doesn't have a head.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I'd say you should have quit when you were ahead, but you've never been a head.

A bot doesn't have a head.

Sorry dude...but the news is going against you.
Perhaps you shouldnt let your panties get all bound up over a Patch . com story  Ha!

The latest in your "mistreatment of Nagy" saga.....

Ian Rapoport  -  Bears unlikely to move on from Matt Nagy mid season.

:)  Too funny. 

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Sorry dude...but the news is going against you.
Perhaps you shouldnt let your panties get all bound up over a Patch . com story  Ha!

The latest in your "mistreatment of Nagy" saga.....

Ian Rapoport  -  Bears unlikely to move on from Matt Nagy mid season.

:)  Too funny. 

Good bot.  Enjoy your Turkey Day.

• Like 2

Nick Wright - Everyone says the Cowboys will definitely still win the division. Will they? It's not outrageous to say the Eagles could win 7 in a row before facing the Cowboys at home. The Eagles have the best schedule anyone can hope for to end the year.

///

DAL 7-4 / Eagles 5-6 (with Sunday's game against the NYG to play).
Eagles will probably be 1.5 games back Sunday (having lost to DAL in week 3).

from CBSSports.com

Whether it happens today, or tomorrow, or any day between now and Jan. 10 following the final game of the regular season, Bears head coach Matt Nagy will be relieved of his duties in Chicago.

It's likely that general manager Ryan Pace will meet a similar fate, and it'll be the dawn of a new era in the Windy City.

With more than a month left in the regular season, the Bears job — either one of them — seems like it'll be the best one on the market. That's the overwhelming response I've gotten from sources around the league and coaches and personnel execs gear up for a new hiring/firing cycle.

Link