NFL News & Notes

Leader

Field Yates -  Antonio Brown is eligible to return in Week 16 and play in Tampa Bay's final three regular season games:

At Panthers
At Jets
Vs. Panthers

The suspension will cost him about $183K in salary.

///

I should pay more attention to the local news. I thought he was injured all this time. He's been on suspension? For what?

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

He has been injured and was nearing a return to action. I believe this suspension is due to it turning out to be true that he lied about being vaccinated via the use of a fake vaccine card.

Yup. Thanks. Just saw this.....

Ian Rapoport -   Bucs WR Antonio Brown and Mike Edwards have each been suspended without pay for the next three games for misrepresenting their vaccination status under the NFL-NFLPA COVID-19 Protocol. They have accepted the discipline and waived their right of appeal.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

He has been injured and was nearing a return to action. I believe this suspension is due to it turning out to be true that he lied about being vaccinated via the use of a fake vaccine card.

This has to be the funniest thing someone has gotten suspended for since the whizzinator, right?

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This has to be the funniest thing someone has gotten suspended for since the whizzinator, right?

Dang I was just gonna say AB must be the dumbest player in the NFL but I had forgotten a bout the famed whizzinator

• Like 1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown suspended 3 games for COVID-19 violation (espn.com)

Looks like Browns' former chef was not lying about his fake vaccination card. It indeed was fake and the NFL is pissed off about it. 

Guess we get to find out if Arians is a man of his word. He told Brown any screw ups and he's down the road when they brought him in. If this isn't a 'screw up,' what is? 

Edited by Old Guy

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown suspended 3 games for COVID-19 violation (espn.com)

Looks like Browns' former chef was not lying about his fake vaccination card. It indeed was fake and the NFL is pissed off about it. 

Guess we get to find out if Arians is a man of his word. He told Brown any screw ups and he's down the road when they brought him in. If this isn't a 'screw up,' what is? 

I’m going to go ahead and say he isn’t and AB will be welcomed back with open arms.

Just a heads up, I guarantee The NFL wants a TB NE SB. I don’t want to play any close game vs TB

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m going to go ahead and say he isn’t and AB will be welcomed back with open arms.

Just a heads up, I guarantee The NFL wants a TB NE SB. I don’t want to play any close game vs TB

Agree on both counts! Arians would sell his soul for another Super Bowl win. Especially against NE. Hoping neither team gets to conference championship game. If they do the officiating will make the replacements officials of the Fail Mary look like HOF officials. 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Arians isn't doing squat to AB.

I mean, when you sign AB, you have to expect stuff like this.  And in the grand scheme of AB, this is relatively minor.

Maybe Arians will have Brady open mouth kiss him at a sleepover or something.

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Agree on both counts! Arians would sell his soul for another Super Bowl win. Especially against NE. Hoping neither team gets to conference championship game. If they do the officiating will make the replacements officials of the Fail Mary look like HOF officials. 

They signed AB with multiple sexual assault allegations and other legal issues im pretty sure, they don’t care. 

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Andrew Quarless did get himself suspended because he fired a gun to prove his manliness and then got caught hiding behind a plant.

To be clear, recklessly firing the gun isn't funny, but the idea of a 6'4" person trying to conceal himself in bushes that looked something like this is pretty damn funny.

https://totalpackers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/siena_tavern_miami.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Striker said:

Andrew Quarless did get himself suspended because he fired a gun to prove his manliness and then got caught hiding behind a plant.

To be clear, recklessly firing the gun isn't funny, but the idea of a 6'4" person trying to conceal himself in bushes that looked something like this is pretty damn funny.

https://totalpackers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/siena_tavern_miami.jpg

I did forget about Quarless.  And since nobody got hurt, that is pretty funny.  

If somehow JPP didn't lose half of his hand, that would have been funny too.