NFL News & Notes

Leader

This is one of the best offseasons for the NFL in recent memory.  All the changes we've made on the one hand, and then all the changes the NFC has made... It's going to make for a fantastic 2018 I think.  Hope the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl so I can watch 2018 and not quit football forever. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is one of the best offseasons for the NFL in recent memory.  All the changes we've made on the one hand, and then all the changes the NFC has made... It's going to make for a fantastic 2018 I think.  Hope the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl so I can watch 2018 and not quit football forever. 

Now I'm rooting for the Pats to win, just so the bipolar H to Z (it's all in the name) can be seen ravaging cushions and shouting at random passersby. It will be good for him, motivation for 2018.

In truth though, I'm not a Pats fan. Even if you disregard their more recent cheating ways, I'll never forget the XXI superbowl, Packers vs the Pats, where a Patriots pass rusher tried to come in with his helmet coming up hard under Favre's chinstrap trying to uppercut him out of the game. A nasty attempt at a cheapshot play - which Favre countered superbly by instantly leaning back so far, the pass rusher couldn't make solid contact......HA !

• Like 2

"Former Skins general manager Scot McCloughan explained on Denver radio Friday why Washington should be cautious about investing too much in the free-agent-to-be.  "He's a good player," McCloughan told 104.3 The Fan. "Is he special? I dont see special" 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000908389/article/exredskins-gm-on-kirk-cousins-i-dont-see-special

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

"Former Skins general manager Scot McCloughan explained on Denver radio Friday why Washington should be cautious about investing too much in the free-agent-to-be.  "He's a good player," McCloughan told 104.3 The Fan. "Is he special? I dont see special" 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000908389/article/exredskins-gm-on-kirk-cousins-i-dont-see-special

Can you say friction ? I always liked Cousins. If you ask me to translate that like into how many millions, I just don't know. The QB market is becoming obscene. Cap altering obscene which is a shame

"The Vikings will have to replace OC Pat Shurmur when he takes over the Giants. Two key names they'll consider: Former Broncos OC Mike McCoy & former Giants coach Ben McAdoo. Both are in the mix for other jobs, too."

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 21, 2018

"The NFL will announce today the latest step in its seven-year, $90 million commitment to players’ social-justice issues, forming a committee of five players and five owners to further advance what the league says is its effort to assist players in trying to make improvements in education, relations with police, and the criminal-justice system in the league’s communities"

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/23/nfl-players-owners-social-justice-committee-criminal-justice-reform?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&__twitter_impression=true

"Super Bowl LII will be played on Sunday, Feb. 4 at the new U.S. Bank Stadium in downtown Minneapolis and organizers expect some 1.3 million people to visit the Twin Cities during the week. Little wonder that popular questions among local homeowners have been: “Are you renting out your home?” and “How much do you think we could make?”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-reality-of-renting-your-home-when-a-super-bowl-sized-event-comes-to-town-2018-01-23?link=sfmw_tw

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

"Super Bowl LII will be played on Sunday, Feb. 4 at the new U.S. Bank Stadium in downtown Minneapolis and organizers expect some 1.3 million people to visit the Twin Cities during the week. Little wonder that popular questions among local homeowners have been: “Are you renting out your home?” and “How much do you think we could make?”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-reality-of-renting-your-home-when-a-super-bowl-sized-event-comes-to-town-2018-01-23?link=sfmw_tw

I bet the hotels in the area are accepting the vikes loss a little easier than most. 

• CWood21 unlocked this topic