NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

The red edit is just my opinion.

Yes for sure I can't say if his D was any good though at the time. I believe they were ok considering we'd made the playoffs. If memory serves me also Favre threw a pic that lead to the 4-26 so the D was doing their job at one point:)

33 minutes ago, St Vince said:

A lot of Bears fans  want Ed Donatell to replace Fangio, let's hope they get their wish 🙂

Sounds like it might be Donatell or Pagano.  They seem to be the top two choices at this moment.  It's thought that if Donatell is passed over he will leave to join Fangio's staff in Denver.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

Just a question- was Fisher ever good as a defensive coordinator?

I'm just surprised no-one has looked at him for a coordinator gig since he got fired considering the vast amount of knowledge and experience he has. He would definitely help out a young head coach for sure.

Edited by Chili

18 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Yes for sure I can't say if his D was any good though at the time. I believe they were ok considering we'd made the playoffs. If memory serves me also Favre threw a pic that lead to the 4-26 so the D was doing their job at one point:)

We only needed 1 yard to seal the win 3rd down Favre could've ran for the yard but tried to force it for the incompletion. On 4th down Green got stuffed and the Birds took over on downs and the rest is history. But you're right he did throw one up for grabs and got picked off, I remember that now

Edited by St Vince

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

We only needed 1 yard to seal the win 3rd down Favre could've ran for the yard but tried to force it for the incompletion. On 4th down Green got stuffed and the Birds took over on downs and the rest is history. But you're right he did throw one up for grabs and got picked off, I remember that now

BF was playing 500 at that one point:) Oh the good times the early 2000's with the Pack. Bridesmaids..........i'll never forget that crap no fumble call against San Fran either. Dam we had some good teams and should have made it back again to the promised land.

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

Not quite what happened.  It was 4th and one from their 35 yrd line.  Just out of field goal range.  We had been running the ball down their throat and had them beat.  Sherman in his infinite wisdom decided to punt.  Philly had a good return and got the ball about where we punted from.  Stupidest play call of all time.  If Sherman had simply went for it on 4th and 1 we would have picked up the first down and the game would have been over.  Horrible horrible decision by Sherman.  We had the game won.  He tried to go conservative and got burned.  Never forget it. 

Edited by Scoremore
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

BF was playing 500 at that one point:) Oh the good times the early 2000's with the Pack. Bridesmaids..........i'll never forget that crap no fumble call against San Fran either. Dam we had some good teams and should have made it back again to the promised land.

If those Cowboys teams weren't so otherwordly amazing.........

3 hours ago, St Vince said:

That play still gives me heartburn. And it was the birth of the Belt which inspired Rodgers.

Forum Rules:

• Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

mods please delete this video

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Forum Rules:

• Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

mods please delete this video

agreed, i actually want to root for the eagles this weekend