NFL News & Notes

Leader

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Hayward was not played out of position in GB, he was tried on the outside and failed miserably, Randall came in and was leagues better. Just dumb luck.

Hyde was the one truly playing out of position. 

Randall was not better than HHCD or Burnett while he was in GB, so unless you wanted to pull our starting CB so he could be a backup S, not sure what you wanted there. Not to mention Randall is soft as can be. The next CBs taken were Jalen Collins and Eric Rowe who boat busted. Darby was really the only CB that was available that became anything and I remember scouting him and he was a zone bail CB much like Josh Jackson, which wasn't a good fit for Dom.

I think with Randall they drafted him as a corner, when most saw him as a Jimmie Ward type safety.  They tried to stick a square peg in a round hole and missed.  We do that a lot.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

The NFL can just keep sending bottom feeders to London far as I'm concerned.
Hopefully 2018 will be the last time we're one of them for a long, long time.

These teams aren't bottom feeders ( 5 playoff teams and one superbowl team) and the NFL isn't stupid enough to only send bad teams as they try to expand internationally lol

Mexico: #Chiefs vs #Chargers
London: #Panthers vs #Bucs
London: #Bears vs #Raiders
London: #Bengals vs #Rams
London: #Texans vs #Jaguars

Edited by Arthur Penske

@Packerraymond, you ever gonna stop being stubborn and admit I'm right? 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/21/unnamed-eagles-begin-to-push-back-against-carson-wentz/

While he has been described as “incredibly hard working,” “determined,” and “highly intelligent,” Wentz also has been dubbed as, quoting from the story, “‘selfish,’ ‘uncompromising,’ ‘egotistical,’ one who plays ‘favorites’ and doesn’t like to be ‘questioned,’ one who needs to ‘practice what he preaches’ and fails ‘to take accountability.'”

30 million per for a QB who hasn't played in a playoff game and isn't well-liked in the locker room

--OR--

20 million per for a QB beloved by his teammates who has won 4 playoff games and a Super Bowl? 

Keeping in mind the best the Eagles could get for Foles would be a first round pick and the worst they could get for Wentz would be two firsts. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/21/unnamed-eagles-begin-to-push-back-against-carson-wentz/

30 million per for a QB who hasn't played in a playoff game and isn't well-liked in the locker room

--OR--

20 million per for a QB beloved by his teammates who has won 4 playoff games and a Super Bowl? 

Keeping in mind the best the Eagles could get for Foles would be a first round pick and the worst they could get for Wentz would be two firsts. 

I'd go with Foles because of what Wentz would get in a trade, but worth noting Cox and others already came out to defend Wentz.

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Like I said. The NFL will subsidize it at some point to get one of the premier franchises over there.

I thought you said they were sending premier franchises over there :  (5 playoff teams and one superbowl team)

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I'd go with Foles because of what Wentz would get in a trade, but worth noting Cox and others already came out to defend Wentz.

If there's smoke, there's fire.  This is how things work.  Anonymously talk ****, publicly talk **** on the ****.  Not saying Cox is one of the ones ousting Wentz, but if the reports are there, the reports probably have a bit of proof. 

The proof is in the product on the field.  The Eagles are a better team when Nick Foles is playing QB. 

To me it is the biggest no-brainer ever, and the only thing preventing a Wentz trade is fear. 

Foles is 4 years older than Wentz.  That's it.  He's going to cost easily 5-10 million less per year, maybe more considering what he's already done to help the Eagles. 

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

--OR--

I've always said grading the players only as I don't know the medicals or locker room situation. If he's divisive in the locker room that absolutely changes things.

Grading the players alone, no it's Went and it isn't close. Foles could easily be a Keenum.

Nick Foles ANY/A in 2018-19:

Regular season: 6.50

Playoffs: CHI: 5.07, NO: 5.68

Carson Wentz ANY/A in 2018-19: 6.89

Carson Wentz ANY/A by season: 5.09 (rookie season), 7.43, 6.89

Nick Foles ANY/A in the regular season post-2013 (Chip Kelly year) (totals 28 starts): 5.93, 4.68, 7.39. 4.75, 6.5. The 7.39 came in a season where he only threw 55 passes.

Nick Foles hasn't been good since 2013. Nick Foles had two good games, admittedly high-leverage ones, and some stupid team is going to give him a bunch of money for it.

I don't even like Carson Wentz that much, I had him as a mid-round prospect in that class, but he's been better than Foles.

If you look at the Eagles defensive DVOA numbers, that's why they got better at the end of the season, and unless you think Nick Foles has some magic spell he can put on DBs to suddenly make them not play like crap, you can't attribute a worse QB playing worse to why the Eagles made the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If there's smoke, there's fire.  This is how things work.  Anonymously talk ****, publicly talk **** on the ****.  Not saying Cox is one of the ones ousting Wentz, but if the reports are there, the reports probably have a bit of proof. 

The proof is in the product on the field.  The Eagles are a better team when Nick Foles is playing QB. 

To me it is the biggest no-brainer ever, and the only thing preventing a Wentz trade is fear. 

Foles is 4 years older than Wentz.  That's it.  He's going to cost easily 5-10 million less per year, maybe more considering what he's already done to help the Eagles. 

Probably, but Cox is a team captian, etc. These unnamed players could be 6th string WRs/ Back up TEs who are upset they don't get enough love from Wentz.

Edited by Arthur Penske

Just now, rcon14 said:

If you look at the Eagles defensive DVOA numbers, that's why they got better at the end of the season, and unless you think Nick Foles has some magic spell he can put on DBs to suddenly make them not play like crap, you can't attribute a worse QB playing worse to why the Eagles made the playoffs.

Are you suggesting leadership ability has nothing to do with anything? 

1 minute ago, rcon14 said:

Nick Foles ANY/A in 2018-19:

Regular season: 6.50

Playoffs: CHI: 5.07, NO: 5.68

Carson Wentz ANY/A in 2018-19: 6.89

Carson Wentz ANY/A by season: 5.09 (rookie season), 7.43, 6.89

Nick Foles ANY/A in the regular season post-2013 (Chip Kelly year) (totals 28 starts): 5.93, 4.68, 7.39. 4.75, 6.5. The 7.39 came in a season where he only threw 55 passes.

Nick Foles hasn't been good since 2013. Nick Foles had two good games, admittedly high-leverage ones, and some stupid team is going to give him a bunch of money for it.

I don't even like Carson Wentz that much, I had him as a mid-round prospect in that class, but he's been better than Foles.

For sure, but health and clutch play has to come into the conversation.