NFL News & Notes

Leader

10 hours ago, Leader said:

No word whether this will be appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.........but stay tuned:

A quest by two New Orleans Saints ticket holders to force a full or partial do-over of this year's NFC Championship Game because of a blown "no-call" by game officials was rejected Thursday by a federal judge.

Don't hold your breath. They aren't taking that case.

9 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I think any serious consideration for a replay would have to come from ownership. And they sure won't do it because a Rams super bowl victory might solidify a fan base in LA after decades of trying. Money for everyone!

NFL is rigged.

That and it didn’t lose the game for the Saints.

4 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

Julius Peppers is hanging up his cleats:

...in the Hall of Fame.
Awesome human and player

When we were hanging out at Lambeau one fine Sunday, we were watching all the players arrive and what kind of rig they were driving. Huge variety of wheels
Peppers rolls up in a black, fully tinted windows, custom stretched BMW that they made a longer wheelbase to accommodate his 6' 7 frame.
Sweet looking ride

6 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I’m always going to remember Peppers for that pick six against the Vikings

Guy was a beast that year. Had the pick-six against Philly as well and number of other big-time plays. Too bad it ended the way it did in Seattle. We got Woodson a ring but came up short for Peppers. 

• Like 1

from OverTheCap

"I had lunch with an NFL free agent tight end this weekend and we got on the topic of tight end play. In Caponomics I note that part of the reason tight ends take a bit of time to develop in the NFL is because they have to block for the run and run routes at a professional level, two distinctly different tasks.

"This tight end took it further, mentioning that they have to do that, but they also have to block people who specialize in stopping the run and rushing the passer on the defensive line, then they can run routes against safeties who specialize in covering receivers. Not only that, but a tight end has to learn multiple positions, he has to know the tight end spot, slot receivers, outside receiver, H-back, and even fullback. He has to understand the line calls, he has to understand which routes to run against which coverages. It’s a very, very complex position "

Source tells me Dom Capers could become strong option for @Bengals as new defensive coordinator if team doesn't hire Dennis Allen away from the @Saints

So this is the second team, after the Cardinals, who have been linked to Dom this offseason. 

Wonder which one of Mac's former coordinators/Assistant head coaches will get hired first by another NFL team first, Dom? Winston Moss? Has Philbin found a landing spot? Zook? Slocum?

8 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Source tells me Dom Capers could become strong option for @Bengals as new defensive coordinator if team doesn't hire Dennis Allen away from the @Saints

So this is the second team, after the Cardinals, who have been linked to Dom this offseason. 

Wonder which one of Mac's former coordinators/Assistant head coaches will get hired first by another NFL team first, Dom? Winston Moss? Has Philbin found a landing spot? Zook? Slocum?

Edgar Bennett?