NFL News & Notes

Leader

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Honestly though, since we have the cap - and pending the personality that comes with Ross - I would legitimately send a 6th.  That is probably what he will get traded for.  People who say higher just don't get trades in the NFL really.  Clinton-Dix and Randall trades should show that.  

I mean, with 2 (3) years of control left on the 2017 10th overall pick, I don't think a 4 is a stretch

41 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Signing bonuses are paid upon signing the contract, so even if their cap hit is spread over several years, that cap hit must always be accounted for by the original team. Think of it as the team that pays the money is the team that has the cap hit, sooner or later.

Yeah....that makes too much sense :) Thanks for the explanation.

Cant say I know a whole helluva lot about Ross the player - other than he had injury and catching the ball concerns coming out of college - and he might still have them. Not that I've ever considered Cincy as having an enlightened front office - but they're bailing on the guy for some reason.

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Hopefully the Jags don't nab him and then bypass a QB at 7. 

Only two top ten QBs I'm hearing about are Haskins and Murray. I've no clue how things will shake out - but I "know" from reading that the NYGs are interested in Haskins, Arizona has whispered about wanting Murray (but I dont see it personally....) and the Raiders? Who can say what they'll do. They dont really need a QB IMO....but Gruden's a wild card. 

Let me clarify that comment - I'm not actually sure either of those QBs have top 10 talent - just that they're the recognized best (at this point) and needy teams generally dont let that position go undrafted for long......

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Jason Witten out of retirement for the Cowboys lol

A win-lose. I was happy to see him go because he was a good player even when he retired. That being said, I might actually prefer him playing for Dallas at this point versus being on MNF for one more game.