NFL News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's happening. Kyler Murray No. 1. :D

Murray definitely fits Kingsbury's offense better than Rosen. Maybe they are able to trade Rosen to Washington or Denver for their first round pick.

Edited by 66fan

On 2/28/2019 at 9:45 PM, Nick_gb said:

Hacked account, no news here. Unfortunately :(

From what I am reading it's a distinct possibility.  Probably think I am nuts but if we could get Rosen with our #30 I would seriously consider it.  Could have 3 years behind Aaron and be the heir apparent.  Also have real good insurance in case Rodgers goes down again.  Don't know what the trade market will be for him.  Had a tough year on a bad team.  Would Wash or Mia be willing to give up a #1?  Doubt it.  Sure would be nice to be 2 deep at the QB position.  At least if Aaron went down it wouldn't necessarily spell the end of our season.  He'll need probably another year before he'll be good.  Might amp up Aaron knowing there is a legit QB behind him. It's a lot to give up but it's the very most important position on the team.  He's actually a lot like Aaron  a very cerebral guy.

13 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

From what I am reading it's a distinct possibility.  Probably think I am nuts but if we could get Rosen with our #30 I would seriously consider it.  Could have 3 years behind Aaron and be the heir apparent.  Also have real good insurance in case Rodgers goes down again.  Don't know what the trade market will be for him.  Had a tough year on a bad team.  Would Wash or Mia be willing to give up a #1?  Doubt it.  Sure would be nice to be 2 deep at the QB position.  At least if Aaron went down it wouldn't necessarily spell the end of our season.  He'll need probably another year before he'll be good.  Might amp up Aaron knowing there is a legit QB behind him. It's a lot to give up but it's the very most important position on the team.  He's actually a lot like Aaron  a very cerebral guy.

I'd consider #44 and Kizer. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I wouldn't trade a third round pick for Rosen.  A team trades a top 10 QB after one year and that doesn't bring up red flags for anybody?  I'm a firm believer in the old adage of where there's smoke there's fire, and there's been a hell of a lot of smoke regarding Rosen's personality and social intelligence. 

17 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

AZ giving up one year into the career of their #1 pick (#10 overall) isnt a good look see IMO. Plus - as you stated - he had a bad (rookie) year on a bad team. So what are the GBPs getting? A washout already (?) or a QB (that like every other QB in the league) needs talent around him to succeed? I lean more towards the latter - which makes me skeptical AZs gonna walk from the guy already.

As for Kizer - I think the guy needs coaching. CLE was nothing but a cluster____ and I think the infrastructure was lacking in GB. The size and skills are there IMO.

I wouldn't trade an Ikea basket of Najeh Davenport's dookie for Rosen at this point. I know they have a new coach and an entirely different offense, but using a first round pick and then giving up that quickly on it a year later would be a huge red flag. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't trade a third round pick for Rosen.  A team trades a top 10 QB after one year and that doesn't bring up red flags for anybody?  I'm a firm believer in the old adage of where there's smoke there's fire, and there's been a hell of a lot of smoke regarding Rosen's personality and social intelligence. 

Brett Favre? 

• Like 1