NFL News & Notes

Leader

14 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I'm assuming you're already aware that he has diagnosed mental issues?  Did it possibly occur to you that marijuana is medicinal for him and he's not just smoking weed for fun or because he's just some dumb punk that smokes weed so his "homies" think he's cool?  Did you say the same thing about Chris Borland, or was his version of retiring for the benefit of his own health acceptable to you?

I don’t think it matters what acceptable to me. I don’t care if people smoke weed, it’s not my business just saying if an employer asks me not to for big bucks I’m not going to. where does it show this is “medical”? Is he medicating himself or what?

What do mental issues have to do with smoking here?

Who would waste their breath defending Irving? Guy missed an entire season of college football after an arrest, suspended for PED's, suspended for pot, ejected from games for fighting. Guy's an idiot.

Probably dozens of players in the league you could champion changes to the drug policy for the betterment of the players, Irving isn't one of them. Glad he's out, league will move on just fine without him.

54 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don’t think it matters what acceptable to me. I don’t care if people smoke weed, it’s not my business just saying if an employer asks me not to for big bucks I’m not going to. where does it show this is “medical”? Is he medicating himself or what?

What do mental issues have to do with smoking here?

I make significantly less than an NFL player, and my employer's policy is that I take random drug screenings and marijuana is part of that screen.  It isn't a secret.  I have found that it is pretty easy to not smoke. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I make significantly less than an NFL player, and my employer's policy is that I take random drug screenings and marijuana is part of that screen.  It isn't a secret.  I have found that it is pretty easy to not smoke. 

but you are incredible and otherworldly

I love the wizzle, but I could avoid it for the money they make. I've stopped for multiple years because of jobs or school programs. Granted everyone is different I just think some of these guys won't accept being told they can't do something. Personally I think the NFL should let it go, but I don't see it happening. Until that day it is what it is. If you want to play, put the dope away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

I've read where they think there is a link to excessive marijuana use to paranoid schizophrenia. If that is true, I'm not so sure the NFL is on the wrong side of this issue. 

https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/schizophrenia-marijuana-link#1  

Read the whole article.....a lot of might, maybe, could possibly.  Very little definitive stuff. Supposedly relieves some of the symptoms of CTE.  You can find research to back any belief you want on the subject currently.  I've seen alcohol destroy more lives than weed.  Irving went out his way.  Maybe he just didn't like football that much.  Too each their own.

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Dabbing shows up too fyi

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Dabbing shows up too fyi

Interesting. I'd heard of/seen the Cam Newton "dabbing" move but never understood how it got its name - and never heard it associated with marijuana. So, to the internet!

Dabbing (1) - Vaporizing concentrated marijuana, usually in the form of wax or hash, by placing it on an extremely hot metal object called a nail and inhaling the vapors produced. The nail is usually heated via blowtorch. Inhaling this harsh and concentrated form of marijuana often causes one to cry and wipe one's tears away while coughing and passing a bong.

Dabbing (2) - Performing the dance move characterized by raising an elbow and tucking one's head toward that elbow while raising and extending the opposite arm behind. This dance move is often seen while dabbing (1) since the dabber immediately coughs into his inner arm and wipes his or her tears away while passing a bong.

Now I know :)

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

What do weed and CTE have to do with one another here..? Why is he choosing one or the other?

agian, couldn’t care less what people do with their own time, but if an employer is offering to pay me millions and the condition was I’m not smoking weed, I’m gonna pass on the herb.

Because literally everyone who has played professional football, died, and then donated their brain to research has been diagnosed with CTE. Why is that a moronic decision? I wouldn't do it either, even for millions of dollars, because I'd rather be myself and mentally present with my family later in life. You're calling his decision moronic, but you are actually discounting the decision of anyone who decides they'd rather do something else than play football. Why does that bother you?