NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

He didn't want to follow those rules so he apparently quit. Is that okay?

Those are his options.  Switch marijuana with: "wearing a shirt with a pocket on it," and we all agree the rule is ludicrous.  But again, my point isn't about the item in question, it is about a known company policy.  I didn't take a stance on weed at all, I just don't feel any sympathy in that situation. 

6 hours ago, Cadmus said:

I do like Hyde, I won't deny that. 

However, I'd prefer Gipson from the group of Jaguars castoffs at the right price. 

I've liked Gipson since he was at Wyoming. 

Looks like the Chiefs got Hyde.  Or we got trolled again.  I blame Liquid Chris!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Those are his options.  Switch marijuana with: "wearing a shirt with a pocket on it," and we all agree the rule is ludicrous.  But again, my point isn't about the item in question, it is about a known company policy.  I didn't take a stance on weed at all, I just don't feel any sympathy in that situation. 

I don't either. I don't care what other people choose to do with their own life.

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with the jags? creating lots of cap space is it simply for a QB?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/cap/

IF I am reading this correctly, they have about 19.5 million to work with in free agency (take away the 8.6 for draft picks). 

Could be loading up for an extension for Ramsey.  It looks like they can get out of a lot of expensive contracts after next season, they might just be letting go of guys they think will be overpaid by the time they can compete, two years down the line.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JBURGE said:

A 3 and a 5 lmao 

From a talent standpoint he's better than A. Cooper. It's the locker room crap that makes this very questionable. Gruden gave up a 3rd and a 5th for pick #24 is what this comes down to. You can't argue with that given the amount of cap space he has and will create more moving on from some bad contracts. 

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

From a talent standpoint he's better than A. Cooper. It's the locker room crap that makes this very questionable. Gruden gave up a 3rd and a 5th for pick #24 is what this comes down to. You can't argue with that given the amount of cap space he has and will create more moving on from some bad contracts. 

Plus 50 million dollars and his age

From Oakland point of view they have done well for themselves.

They basically got Brown and an extra 1st round pick just by giving up Cooper, a 3rd and a 5th. Niiice.

Cooper is earning £14m this year. Brown is getting an average $16m. Brown is a massive upgrade for just $2m more this year.

I reckon that would've been very do-able for us but the dynamics with us is completely different had he joined us instead of Oakland. Brown threw a strop with JuJu's growing influence infringing on his targets and production. How do you think would he react with Adams? Probably just as bad, if not worse. The very fact that Adams is here means that Brown would never ever be able to play up to his contract. He would be an expensive elephant in the room -  an expensive contract of an aging player that we cannot shift. 

From a salary cap point of view he would not be a good signing for us. Sure, he might help make our offence awesome but it will leave us with many holes elsewhere. Our course our front office are people with families who are also worried about their job security. Putting the Packers in a potential hole like this is fire-able and potentially ruin their reputations. No NFL team would hire these guys as potential general managers if this is the sort of decision making they get.

At Oakland he would be the clear no.1 guy with no challengers to his throne. He has the chance to show he is worth the money being given to him and has a head coach with long term job security. Completely different dynamic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

I bet the Raiders won’t have a winning season during the duration of AB’s contract. 

OK, I disagree with this. They are going to get 4 really good players in the draft based on the 4, 24, 27 and 35 picks they are holding. Gruden knows what he's going. 

Now, do they win a Super Bowl? No, they don't have the QB, but a winning season? Absolutely, will happen this year or next.