NFL News & Notes

Leader

17 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

this was probably posted months ago, but i just saw this for the first time

This is just sad. Greg needs to stop talking g he’s gone downhill in my book. Great player but when it came down to it turned into a turdnugget.  

4 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

This is just sad. Greg needs to stop talking g he’s gone downhill in my book. Great player but when it came down to it turned into a turdnugget.  

He cant. Far as I can tell, he's got nothing of note to say about current events.

NY Post (regards the NYJ's):

Barr, with 13 career sacks, would have helped, and might have flourished under defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, even if he was a projection. Mosley is a good get, even though Maccagnan overpaid for him. The trade for mauler left guard Kelechi Osemele upgrades the offensive line. Jamison Crowder is a nice slot receiver who will help Darnold.

But Bell was the prize. The biggest difference-maker on the free-agent market. Darnold doesn’t have a true No. 1 receiver. Bell will mitigate the need.

It sounds like Earl Thomas is headed to the Ravens, according to Ian Rapoport:

"Earl Thomas is replacing Eric Weddle in the AFC North. 

The former Seahawk safety is expected to sign a four-year, $55 million deal with the Baltimore Ravens, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday, per a source.” 

I've started a Twitter petition for the following:

In order to rectify a long standing and egregious error....one thats maintained an unequal competitive balance for far, far too long, we petition the NFL to move the Cleveland Browns into the AFC East and transfer the Buffalo Bills into the AFC North.

I look forward to your support :)

On 3/11/2019 at 6:33 PM, FinneasGage said:

this was probably posted months ago, but i just saw this for the first time

You guys are kidding us right?  What the heck is there to be upset about?  I found nothing worth getting all upset about after listening to this.  Your only fooling yourselves if you think Rodgers is all peaches and cream.  If it was me, yeah, I would have been upset as well.  IMO, Jennings didn't say or do anything wrong here.  I like Rodgers as the QB for the Packers and I liked Jennings as a Packer WR, but outside of watching them on TV, I know nothing about them, they both could be Aholes for all I know.

35 minutes ago, jleisher said:

You guys are kidding us right?  What the heck is there to be upset about?  I found nothing worth getting all upset about after listening to this.  Your only fooling yourselves if you think Rodgers is all peaches and cream.  If it was me, yeah, I would have been upset as well.  IMO, Jennings didn't say or do anything wrong here.  I like Rodgers as the QB for the Packers and I liked Jennings as a Packer WR, but outside of watching them on TV, I know nothing about them, they both could be Aholes for all I know.

What he continues to do is use AR to get talking gigs. I didn’t see anyone to upset but sheesh he’s been gone for what 5-6 years and still leaning on AR. That’s the point he’s gossip TV and unless folks call him out for it he’ll keep doing it. He need to talk about something relevant. AR should take part of his appearance fees it’s all he can talk about. 

2 hours ago, jleisher said:

I mean, if that's the way that Greg wants to take it, sure.  Does it mean he's right?  No.  Instead of addressing the issue with Aaron (if there indeed was an issue), he took it the worst possibly way.  Maybe he wanted one of his favorite targets to get paid.  If Green Bay wasn't paying him, might as well have been San Francisco.

Interesting perspectives from SI:

• Why might Teddy Bridgewater not jump at a chance to play in Miami? Consider the plight of the bridge-quarterback acquisitions of the last three years. Mike Glennon, Sam Bradford, Chase Daniel, Tyrod Taylor and AJ McCarron all arrived with the hope of pumping new life into their careers, and it didn’t take long for them to figure out that hope was misplaced, with a rookie quickly overtaking them in each case. Maybe the Dolphins don’t take a quarterback, and Bridgewater would get the whole year. But there’s no guarantee of that. And so there’s reason to think learning for another year at the foot of Drew Brees and Sean Payton and Pete Carmichael in New Orleans makes some sense.

• I don’t mind the Giants holding on to Eli Manning, so long as they’re actively looking at Murray and Dwayne Haskins and the rest of the potential heirs to the Manning throne in this year’s draft. And Pat Shurmur’s presence in Norman yesterday would tell you they are. Manning, 38, is on the books for $17 million this year. That’s just $1 million more than Tyrod Taylor made in Cleveland last year. So why would it make sense to get rid of Manning and bring in a bridge quarterback whom you don’t know at around the same price? To me, people are making way too big a deal of this—“If they’re rebuilding, why are they hanging on to a 38-year-old quarterback?!?” If you can wrap your head around Manning actually now being the bridge guy, it’s not hard to understand.