NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I've wanted Zach Brown for the last 4 years lol. Every year he's available. Every year we pass. Every year he's solid. Rinse, repeat. 

? I think I may have "Zach Brown" entirely wrong then. I was thinking he was an UDFA from this years draft class.

Honest question, was Theisman any good? 

I just know he seemed drunk when he did MNF and he snapped his leg and changed his name to sound like Heisman.

His stats seem like hes a cross between Flacco and Fitzpatrick which...isn't great lol.

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why would a guy in Browns spot want to sign here and split snaps with Martinez? At his age, his only chance to keep getting contracts is to keep starting. 

Who does he have a better chance of beating, Blake or LJ Fort? 

Fair point he may have chosen Philly anyways, probably to stay in division but I'm guessing if $3m got him for Philly, $3.5 would have done it for us. Seemed like a great fit with Olivadotti leading the squad, would have given us depth and a solid 1-2 punch in the middle. I know Pettine loves his 3-safety sets versus a traditional 2 backer look, but look at his defenses with Harris/Scott in the middle for NY. It works when you have the horses (i.e. Dallas). Also would have provided an option for next year should Martinez get it in his head he's worth $8-10 mil/yr and you let him walk.

40 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I've wanted Zach Brown for the last 4 years lol. Every year he's available. Every year we pass. Every year he's solid. Rinse, repeat. 

That's why I listed those guys. Every year it seems like they are FAs that come up a lot. Every year a free agent again. 

34 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Honest question, was Theisman any good? 

I just know he seemed drunk when he did MNF and he snapped his leg and changed his name to sound like Heisman.

His stats seem like hes a cross between Flacco and Fitzpatrick which...isn't great lol.

Is this about the jersey number thing?

And I've went back and watched full games of a lot of way back when QBs but I never got that far. Old boys I have talked football with for years never bring him up, for whatever that's worth.

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

Is this about the jersey number thing?

And I've went back and watched full games of a lot of way back when QBs but I never got that far. Old boys I have talked football with for years never bring him up, for whatever that's worth.

Yeah, like was he even worth retiring the jersey for?

We need that one NFL Historian guy that used to post on here about "The Galloping Ghost" to drop some knowledge.

Edited by Fl0nkerton

47 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Yeah, like was he even worth retiring the jersey for?

We need that one NFL Historian guy that used to post on here about "The Galloping Ghost" to drop some knowledge.

I don't think it's even retired, unless I understood wrong. But they just stopped issuing it but it wasn't official? I might be making this all up. That's how the radio made it sound

Also no. I hate that person more than anyone has hated anyone and I even love the NFL history. He's a piece of ****. You have no idea lol

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

FWIW.....

Theisman won a Superbowl, an MVP, and was top 25 all time in career yards, TDs and passer rating at the time of his retirement.

This guy Googles.

Haha jk. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Woah. Do tell

Basically he was on a forum that has no rules and he's a horrible human being. He called everyone and everything the other F word. He has issues lol

46 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don't think it's even retired, unless I understood wrong. But they just stopped issuing it but it wasn't official? I might be making this all up. That's how the radio made it sound.

It's not. The only number officially retired by the Washington Redskins is Sammy Baugh (33). Its my understanding the organization has some "protected" numbers.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's not. The only number officially retired by the Washington Redskins is Sammy Baugh (33). Its my understanding the organization has some "protected" numbers.

Okay thought so. I couldn't remember how they worded it but they basically said they don't give it out but it's not retired either. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I have to admit I do wonder why he always seems to be on he market, and the market always seems to be cool on him.