NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 6/2/2019 at 10:20 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

-First, don't be out after about 1 am, nothing good happens after midnight.

-I don't buy that he had a shot and two beers.  "A couple of drinks" is the standard response to "have you been drinking?"

-I believe that he either ran a stop sign because he didn't see it, or that he did one of the "whatever state I am from" rolling stops.

-From personal experience, I also think that the police were looking for a reason to give a DUI/DWI and saw the stop sign violation and went to work.  I had a similar incident(s) where an officer was looking for a reason.---------------

Old friends Molly and MaryJane vehemently object to the bolded part.  They are both from Moderation, USA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waterfish_21 said:

Had a business deal (legal) get done around 2AM once.  Went out and got pancakes with a couple friends, one of the most productive nights of my life.  

Whoever invented the pancake is a marketing genius. Everyone agrees that cake is an inappropriate breakfast food for a child.

So someone thought - "hey, let's cook a cake on something you cook eggs on, call it a friggin "pan"cake or something, replace the fluffy sugar with liquid sugar and convince everyone this is a legit breakfast food."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Whoever invented the pancake is a marketing genius. Everyone agrees that cake is an inappropriate breakfast food for a child.

So someone thought - "hey, let's cook a cake on something you cook eggs on, call it a friggin "pan"cake or something, replace the fluffy sugar with liquid sugar and convince everyone this is a legit breakfast food."

and it's cheap as hell to make. I went to a place in Appleton for breakfast when I was down there and wasn't even able to eat half of the mountain of food that was put down in front of me. You guys have it figured out down there

ESPN:

"Prosecutors in Johnson County, Kansas, are not actively working a criminal investigation into possible child abuse involving Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill.

"It is not an active investigation," District Attorney Steve Howe told the Kansas City Star on Friday. "As in any case, if we receive additional evidence we reevaluate."

While the criminal case is not currently being pursued, there is a continuing investigation into the matter by the Kansas Department for Children and Families. The NFL has also begun an investigation, but league spokesman Brian McCarthy told the Star that the NFL was waiting for permission from the DCF to interview Hill.

The investigation began when authorities were called to Hill's home twice in March and determined that a 3-year-old child had been injured"

NFL Rumors: After Adrian Amos and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix started the 2018 season as Bears and Packers safeties, the respective back-line defenders switched cities this year. Clearly on a roll at the Bears100 Celebration this week, Lucas added (via Stankevitz, on Twitter) the Bears consistently graded Clinton-Dix as superior to Amos. Pro Football Focus would disagree with the Bears’ assessment, particularly in 2017 (when the site gave Amos a 90.9 grade and Clinton-Dix a 71.5 mark). The Bears also landed Clinton-Dix for far cheaper (one year, $3MM) than the deal the Packers gave Amos (four years, $36MM), pointing to other teams sharing PFF’s view.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

NFL Rumors: After Adrian Amos and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix started the 2018 season as Bears and Packers safeties, the respective back-line defenders switched cities this year. Clearly on a roll at the Bears100 Celebration this week, Lucas added (via Stankevitz, on Twitter) the Bears consistently graded Clinton-Dix as superior to Amos. Pro Football Focus would disagree with the Bears’ assessment, particularly in 2017 (when the site gave Amos a 90.9 grade and Clinton-Dix a 71.5 mark). The Bears also landed Clinton-Dix for far cheaper (one year, $3MM) than the deal the Packers gave Amos (four years, $36MM), pointing to other teams sharing PFF’s view.

All you need to know is that one guy was a sought-after free agent who landed a good free agency deal, and the other is playing on a low dollar one year prove it deal.

• Like 1

The Draft Network : Studs & Duds: Predicting Division Winners For 2019

NFC North Stud - Green Bay Packers - The Packers have a ton of moving pieces this offseason too, but all of the foundational pieces are intact. Aaron Rodgers is still running the show, the offensive line has the majority of their pieces back, the center of the defense is all returning players and the cornerback group is another year older but still mighty talented. I think with new coaching in place, Aaron Rodgers becomes AARON RODGERS again.

NFC North Dud - Detroit Lions - The recipe for success in the NFL is rarely *copy everything your old team used to do* and yet that's exactly what we're getting with Matt Patricia's Lions. Onboarding Patriot names this offseason like Trey Flowers, Justin Coleman, Danny Amendola and trying to capture the magic of Gronk with T.J. Hockenson is ambitious. I just think they're missing the secret Foxboro ingredients to make it really work, especially in a tough division.

NFC East Stud - Philadelphia Eagles
NFC East Dud - New York Giants
NFC South Stud - New Orleans Saints
NFC South Dud - Carolina Panthers
NFC West Stud - Los Angeles Rams
NFC West Dud - Arizona Cardinals

On 6/2/2019 at 11:20 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

-I don't buy that he had a shot and two beers.  "A couple of drinks" is the standard response to "have you been drinking?"

I'd be more likely to believe he had one burbon, one scotch, and one beer.

NFL . Com: The NFL confirmed Thursday that a replay official will initiate instant replay reviews of pass interference after the two-minute warning of each half and during overtime.

The Competition Committee decided against forcing coaches to challenge pass interference plays inside the two-minute warning.

The NFL's Football Operations department announced the decision after discussion with head coaches, team personnel and officials. Teams will have one week to provide additional feedback before the Competition Committee communicates the final rule.

Within the announcement, the league said the replay official will stop the game to initiate a review for PI "under stricter criteria" than other reviewable plays. The hope is that the "stricter criteria" will lessen the number of reviews within the last two minutes of the halves, as pace of play is a concern given that every pass play could conceivably be reviewable.

"A decision on the field will only be reversed when there is 'clear and obvious visual evidence' that warrants the change," the statement added.

21 hours ago, Leader said:

NFL . Com: The NFL confirmed Thursday that a replay official will initiate instant replay reviews of pass interference after the two-minute warning of each half and during overtime...

"A decision on the field will only be reversed when there is 'clear and obvious visual evidence' that warrants the change," the statement added.

That seems like a can of worms.

And I don’t think an unfairly called PI is as much of a problem as the obvious PIs that go uncalled. Is that being addressed?

10 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

That seems like a can of worms.

And I don’t think an unfairly called PI is as much of a problem as the obvious PIs that go uncalled. Is that being addressed?

I that by allowing coaches challenges to the process, those instances where "uncalled PI's" will be addressed. It'll be interesting to see how it develops.

Bleacher Report: Ranking the Top 10 Offenses in NFL History

1. 2013 Denver Broncos
2. 1999 St. Louis Rams
3. 2007 New England Patriots
4. 2018 Kansas City Chiefs
5. 2011 Green Bay Packers - Every team featured here has one thing in common: They had a quarterback at the apex of his game. That's the case with the 2011 Packers, who set a franchise scoring record with 560 points, the fourth-highest mark in league history. They lost only one game during the regular season—a Week 15 defeat in Kansas City—despite having a run game that ranked toward the bottom of the NFL. They can thank Aaron Rodgers for keeping them afloat. Rodgers didn't set a record for passing yards or touchdowns, but he did throw for 4,643 yards and a career-high 45 touchdowns with only six interceptions. Add all of that together and you get a mind-blowing passer rating of 122.5, the highest in NFL history. Led by Jordy Nelson's 68 receptions for 1,263 yards and 15 touchdowns, the Packers had four pass-catchers in 2011 with at least 600 receiving yards and seven touchdowns. Opponents knew the Packers were going to throw the ball, and there was nothing they could do about it. But as great as that Green Bay offense was, the season would end in bitter disappointment: a 37-20 loss at Lambeau Field to the eventual Super Bowl champion New York Giants in the divisional round.
6. 1998 Minnesota Vikings
7. 2016 Atlanta Falcons
8. 2011 New Orleans Saints
9. 1983 Washington Redskins
10. 1990 Buffalo Bills

Acme Packing:

"On Thursday afternoon, news broke that the (competition) committee has issued a final recommendation on the new rule regarding pass interference penalties (and non-penalties) being subject to replay review.

The final rule that will go into effect this year solidifies the rule as it was written and approved at the NFL Owners Meeting in March. Specifically, pass interference will be reviewable in the exact same manner as most other reviewable plays: before the final two minutes of each half, reviews will be initiated only by coach’s challenge, but after the two-minute warning the reviews would come from the booth.

However, the league appears to be trying to keep those reviews inside of the final minutes to a minimum. The rule’s guidance says that the review will only take place “when there is “clear and obvious visual evidence” that a pass interference penalty may or may not have occurred.”

Edited by Leader