NFL News & Notes

Leader

@Outpost31's favorite WR:  Julio Jones reported to training camp. This was expected despite Jones being in the middle of contract negotiations. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports "it may take a little while" before the Falcons and Jones reach an agreement, but it's a "most pressing priority." There's a chance Jones becomes the highest-paid receiver in the NFL when ink is put to paper.

According to Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star, Chiefs DL Chris Jones "embodies all the familiar signs" of a training camp holdout. He and the Chiefs are reportedly far apart in contract talks. Jones is looking for a deal comparable to Frank Clark's, which included $63.5 million in guarantees, while Kansas City prefers something in the $45-50 million range. Jones, who is due a modest $1.19 million in the final year of his rookie deal, is hoping to cash in on the heels of his breakout 2018, a campaign that included a career-best 15.5 sacks. Unfortunately for Jones, the Chiefs also need to set aside funds for Patrick Mahomes (who is eligible for an extension next offseason) and contract-year wideout Tyreek Hill.

The Draft Network: Top-5 All-Time Cornerback Big Board

1. Deion Sanders
2. Darrelle Revis
3. Rod Woodson
4. Champ Bailey
5. Mel Blount

Best of the Rest

Aeneas Williams
Ty Law
Darrell Green
**** "Night Train" Lane
Mike Haynes

6 hours ago, Leader said:

The Draft Network: Top-5 All-Time Cornerback Big Board

1. Deion Sanders
2. Darrelle Revis
3. Rod Woodson
4. Champ Bailey
5. Mel Blount

Best of the Rest

Aeneas Williams
Ty Law
Darrell Green
**** "Night Train" Lane
Mike Haynes

Nah.

27 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Maybe?

Whenever I think of this dude, I think of one year in this mock offseason when he was a free agent. PFF was blowing up and nobody in their knew a ******* thing about anyone other than what they googled. His PFF score was like top 3 for LBs or some stupid thing and he got nearly 20million dollars for a one year deal. lol 

53 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Maybe?

I'd definitely be down for cheap. 

While I think Burks will step it up this year but that isn't a guarantee and we will only have Crawford and Summers behind them. A little extra insurance wouldn't hurt. 

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, "there is mounting pessimism" holdout Melvin Gordon will be reporting to the Chargers "anytime soon."

The Bolts and Gordon's agent have exchanged proposals in recent days, but talks remain "far apart" and Gordon's holdout is expected to be "prolonged" and spill into the regular season. Gordon appears dug in, and the Chargers just don't seem too interested in handing Gordon an extension in the $13 million annually range, which has been the going point for running backs lately. Austin Ekeler took the first reps with the starters at camp on Thursday. He's the clear back to own for L.A. right now. Justin Jackson is also in the mix. Source: ESPN.com

Back to back days of bad news for the NYGiant WR position:  WR Sterling Shepard fractured his thumb in practice and will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis. WR Corey Coleman suffered a torn ACL during Thursday's practice.

Their "post-Odell" period has gotten off to a rough start.

39 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bleacher Report:  AB showed up to his first Raiders training camp in a hot air balloon.

(Coming to the opening Hard Knocks episode nearest you.........)

giphy.gif

I wonder if he just came from Imaginationland

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

Bleacher Report:  AB showed up to his first Raiders training camp in a hot air balloon.

(Coming to the opening Hard Knocks episode nearest you.........)

Every news report about wide receivers in the NFL makes me love Davante Adams even more. 

Although with such class acts as Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb, makes me think a lot is owed to Donald Driver and Jordy Nelson for laying a foundation of excellence at that position in Green Bay. 

A broken/sprained thumb.....an ACL....and now a suspension.
Maybe the "Odell-less" NYGiants wont pass the ball at all this year.....

"The situation is going from bad to worse to almost disastrous for the Giants and what now must be considered an ill-fated wide receiver situation. Golden Tate, their free agent acquisition brought in to help offset the trade of Odell Beckham Jr., has been suspended four games for violating the NFL’s Performance Enhancing Substance Policy"