NFL News & Notes

Leader

17 hours ago, Leader said:

The Detroit Free Press reports the Lions intend to use second-round LB Jahlani Tavai "all over the field." Reporter Dave Birkett expects Tavai to feature in a "variety of roles." So far, Tavai has run in both the middle and outside, as well as the "stack" linebacker spot. Coach Matt Patricia indeed appears ready to use Tavai as a versatile Kyle Van Noy type.

This makes me chuckle.  I remember reading the same exact thing back in 2017 when they drafted Jarrad Davis in the first round to play inside linebacker.

58 minutes ago, Leader said:

NBC News:  Pro Football Hall of Fame middle linebacker Nick Buoniconti, an undersized overachiever who helped lead the Miami Dolphins to the NFL's only perfect season, has died at the age of 78.

I felt weird liking this post...

Also Keith Lincoln passed a few days back. I don't know much about him other than I came across a stat on him one day. He scored passing, receiving, rushing, on kick and punt returns and had kicked XPs and FGs for a season. There can't be many people that did all that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Also Keith Lincoln passed a few days back.

Lincoln is a real hero in San Diego

https://www.chargers.com/news/remembering-former-chargers-running-back-keith-lincoln

" Lance Alworth’s Hall of Fame career would have taken off a year earlier had it not been for a field goal competition gone wrong with Lincoln during Alworth’s rookie season. At practice one day in 1962, the two competitors went toe-to-toe, starting with extra points. After each made kick, they’d move back five yards.

“At the 30-yard line he missed,” Alworth said of Lincoln. “And so I was getting ready to kick and as I kicked, he pulled the ball on me. I tore my quadriceps and missed the rest of the year.”

latest?cb=20100523172400

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Lincoln is a real hero in San Diego

https://www.chargers.com/news/remembering-former-chargers-running-back-keith-lincoln

" Lance Alworth’s Hall of Fame career would have taken off a year earlier had it not been for a field goal competition gone wrong with Lincoln during Alworth’s rookie season. At practice one day in 1962, the two competitors went toe-to-toe, starting with extra points. After each made kick, they’d move back five yards.

“At the 30-yard line he missed,” Alworth said of Lincoln. “And so I was getting ready to kick and as I kicked, he pulled the ball on me. I tore my quadriceps and missed the rest of the year.”

latest?cb=20100523172400

Lol I never heard that. I know the AFL stuff I'd watched built him up pretty good. Never heard that story. I never knew alworth was ever trying to kick field goals either though it's also not surprising.

23 minutes ago, Norm said:

Y'all watching the game tonight?

Yep preseason is way more fun since I've been following players entering the draft.

Gonna see how John Cominskey, Quadree Ollison and basically the entire Broncos draft class looks.

Plus I like seeing young QB's go out there and huck it.

28 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Yep preseason is way more fun since I've been following players entering the draft.

Gonna see how John Cominskey, Quadree Ollison and basically the entire Broncos draft class looks.

Plus I like seeing young QB's go out there and huck it.

Yeah I like to see the young QBs too. Probably my favorite part.