NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

He wouldn't get 40 mil if he was purely on the open market today would he?

by today, I meant as FA started.

I mean, it only takes one idiot team to pay him ridiculous money like that, but Prescott is Tier B QB. Guy isn't close to elite. 

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nope. Spotrac has his Market Value calculated at $29.4 M / year. He should have taken the $30 M.

Open market always has an overpay, so maybe $35 M, but $40 M is outrageous IMO

Edited by Fl0nkerton

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'd pay him 40M on a 10 year deal.  Might look cheap then.

Cousins is currently on a 2 year 60 mil fully GTD.  40M AAV with not all of it gtd is probably very achievable on the open market for Dak.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I'd pay him 40M on a 10 year deal.  Might look cheap then.

Cousins is currently on a 2 year 60 mil fully GTD.  40M AAV with not all of it gtd is probably very achievable on the open market for Dak.

Yeah? And how long before he squats down in the middle of the field and demands to redo his contract cause its been bypassed by the market? A contracts not a contract anymore. Its a temporary gentleman's agreement between two parties - neither of whom are gentlemen.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yeah? And how long before he squats down in the middle of the field and demands to redo his contract cause its been bypassed by the market? A contracts not a contract anymore. Its a temporary gentleman's agreement between two parties - neither of whom are gentlemen.

Maybe that's how this is going down.. He wants 40 per for a long time because he thinks it'll all keep going up and if he doesn't, he'll have to do that again soon?

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

Maybe that's how this is going down.. He wants 40 per for a long time because he thinks it'll all keep going up and if he doesn't, he'll have to do that again soon?

The guys not worth 40M. Now or in the future. His games not worth it. 

Nick Bosa (ankle) is out of his walking boot. Bosa is progressing well, and there's a chance the first-rounder is ready for Week 1. The 49ers need all of the pass-rush help they can get, but Bosa won't have the preseason to adjust to the NFL. His health was the biggest question mark on Bosa's draft profile.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Nick Bosa (ankle) is out of his walking boot. Bosa is progressing well, and there's a chance the first-rounder is ready for Week 1. The 49ers need all of the pass-rush help they can get, but Bosa won't have the preseason to adjust to the NFL. His health was the biggest question mark on Bosa's draft profile.

I also questioned his lack of explosion and bend.