NFL News & Notes

Leader

Former Texas Longhorns running back Cedric Benson has passed away, per multiple reports. Benson, 36, was reportedly one of two people who died in a motorcycle accident Saturday night in Austin. He was drafted by the Chicago Bears with the fourth overall pick in the 2005 draft. He also played for the Cincinnati Bengals and Green Bay Packers over his eight-year NFL career. 

Just now, Leader said:

Former Texas Longhorns running back Cedric Benson has passed away, per multiple reports. Benson, 36, was reportedly one of two people who died in a motorcycle accident Saturday night in Austin. He was drafted by the Chicago Bears with the fourth overall pick in the 2005 draft. He also played for the Cincinnati Bengals and Green Bay Packers over his eight-year NFL career. 

Sad news! 

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can kinda see it. The pass rusher is falling and can't really defend himself.

Plus, any penalty that goes against the offense I'm in favor of at this point. 

I understand they don't want guys getting jacked up on blind side hits, but forcing them to play at less than full speed is a problem. 

Instead of making a ridiculous rule to inhibit the offense, how about changing some of the other rules that make it so hard to defend. 

This is the two wrongs thing IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I understand they don't want guys getting jacked up on blind side hits, but forcing them to play at less than full speed is a problem. 

Instead of making a ridiculous rule to inhibit the offense, how about changing some of the other rules that make it so hard to defend. 

This is the two wrongs thing IMO. 

I don't see it any different than not lighting up a receiver who is already fully in the grasp of the defense like what happened to Adams. 

A huge number of injuries happen when guys are falling and their head is getting lowered as part of the fall. Collins, Knox, Finley, etc. The defender can't hit the QB as he's falling to the ground anyway. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone watching this Vikings/Seahawks game? Poona Ford is absolutely DOMINATING Bradbury. Can't wait to see Clark in that matchup.

There's actually a human being in this world named Poona Ford? I'm gonna have to presume thats some sort of nickname....or else I'm stuck wondering who in this world would ever name their kid Poona.

"Hi, my name's Poona....and yes, they did that to me"

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

So is Garrett Bradbury sucking so far?  Would be really good for me if he sucks.

Didn't see him week 1 but Ford body-bagged him tonight. Just overmatched physically. Also fumbled snap from him to Cousins but not sure who's fault there.

• Like 1