NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

That's a no from me, Dawg.  I'd settle for a Super Bowl this year, then TRADE Rodgers on top after he demands another new contract.  I'm greedy. 

I was merely responding to speculation on what would happen if Rodgers retired.  I think Rodgers is overpaid and overrated (especially in the postseason), but ain't no damn way in hell I want him to retire.  That's what that whole post was about.  I think we're good enough right now to where if he retired, we'd end up with a 10-15 pick in the draft. 

If he had retired last year, we'd have Murray right now.  Don't think I'd like that. 

I can't see Kizer or Boyle being able to muster more than 3 wins. We'd be drafting top 5 with either one at QB, especially Kizer. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I can't see Kizer or Boyle being able to muster more than 3 wins. We'd be drafting top 5 with either one at QB, especially Kizer. 

Brett Hundley with Mike McCarthy as head coach and Dom Capers as defensive coordinator won three games. 

Since that time, we have added:

Elgton Jenkins
Billy Turner
Jaire Alexander
Adrian Amos
Darnell Savage
Mike Pettine
Rashan Gary
Z. Smith
P. Smith

We would win 6 games with Boyle or Kizer this season. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Brett Hundley with Mike McCarthy as head coach and Dom Capers as defensive coordinator won three games. 

Since that time, we have added:

Elgton Jenkins
Billy Turner
Jaire Alexander
Adrian Amos
Darnell Savage
Mike Pettine
Rashan Gary
Z. Smith
P. Smith

We would win 6 games with Boyle or Kizer this season. 

Boyle would have an outside shot at that number. Kizer no way. He's no better now than he was his rookie year when he won 0 games, and our other 52 guys aren't worldly better than the Browns that year, better sure, but not 6 wins better. 

Consider the fact as well of our schedule, which is pretty tough this year. I doubt Kizer could pull off a road win, so that leaves the 8 games at home, I just don't see it. However, I also think Kizer is terrible so my opinion is obviously driven by that. 

Just now, Norm said:

Is it conspiracy theory to doubt the legitimacy of this? 

I mean, there are 1700 players on a roster every single year.
Even without turnover, that's 17,000 players in a decade.

Considering practice squad, other professional leagues and players who just don't make the NFL, there have probably been 100,000 football players since 2009. 

So if there were 100 players since 2009 with brain issues out of 100,000 people, that's 1 percent of the population suffering from brain issues/CTE. 

It just seems like if there was a serious correlation between football and that, there would be a higher rate of people suffering from it. 

Additionally, even if it was the NFL, are those odds any worse than other common job hazards? 

NFL players at the very bottom of a roster, and practice squad, still make probably 50-100 thousand a year, right? 

Crab fishing is one of the most dangerous professions in the world, and they're making 50,000 with captains making about 200,000 a year. 

So why is it on the NFL to be culpable for this? 

Chime in.  Am I insensitive, on to something, what? 

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Whatd peyton manning do to get thrown in with big ben and Jameis?

He shouldn't have... There was an allegation of some type of comments towards a female  assistant or something- nothing physical. Not on the same level of the other two, but I don't know the exact details.

10 minutes ago, Donzo said:

He shouldn't have... There was an allegation of some type of comments towards a female  assistant or something- nothing physical. Not on the same level of the other two, but I don't know the exact details.

The version I remember included sexual comments and exposing himself to a female trainer

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Is it conspiracy theory to doubt the legitimacy of this? 

I mean, there are 1700 players on a roster every single year.
Even without turnover, that's 17,000 players in a decade.

Considering practice squad, other professional leagues and players who just don't make the NFL, there have probably been 100,000 football players since 2009. 

So if there were 100 players since 2009 with brain issues out of 100,000 people, that's 1 percent of the population suffering from brain issues/CTE. 

It just seems like if there was a serious correlation between football and that, there would be a higher rate of people suffering from it. 

Additionally, even if it was the NFL, are those odds any worse than other common job hazards? 

NFL players at the very bottom of a roster, and practice squad, still make probably 50-100 thousand a year, right? 

Crab fishing is one of the most dangerous professions in the world, and they're making 50,000 with captains making about 200,000 a year. 

So why is it on the NFL to be culpable for this? 

Chime in.  Am I insensitive, on to something, what? 

I'm not saying they are, I just thought it was terrifying to read those tweets.

20 minutes ago, Donzo said:

It was worse than that .. stuck his junk in her face.  

*edit* actually worse

https://www.barstoolsports.com/undefined/university-of-tennessee-being-sued-for-letting-peyton-manning-drag-his-nuts-on-a-female-trainers-face-and-basically-laughing-about-it

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1