NFL News & Notes

Leader

Ben Fennell: The number of football writers/journalists (many of whom are OUTSTANDING writers) that now drift into the film breakdown/player evaluation niche blows my mind I see people trying to educate others or breakdown a play - yet have no clue what they are talking at.. I don't get it.

Aaron Nagler: I get asked a lot why I don’t do film breakdown stuff anymore. This is it. The more I learned, the more I found out I didn’t know. I’ll make observations from a lifetime spent watching the game. But when it comes to X’s & O’s I’m just a hobbyist. I’ll let the pros handle it.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Another reason why that Bears "win" yesterday was big. They play the Saints in 5 weeks and a game that was probably a sure loss with Brees becomes a likely win now with Bridgewater. 

TBD. Neither CHI or DEN's been all too impressive so far this year and the Saints D outclasses DEN IMO.
Lots of moving parts here still. Maybe they'll be better fixed in place by week 5. We'll see.

Trubisky vs Bridgewater? Not a clear cut CHI win IMO.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

TBD. Neither CHI or DEN's been all too impressive so far this year and the Saints D outclasses DEN IMO.
Lots of moving parts here still. Maybe they'll be better fixed in place by week 5. We'll see.

Trubisky vs Bridgewater? Not a clear cut CHI win IMO.

At Chicago it is.

I was mad about that Bears win for a few hours after it happened, but on second thought I'm not worried about the Bears. Trubisky looks terrible. Nagy looks like he's trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The defense is great and will help them grind out a few wins, but there are much better teams in the NFC.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

At Chicago it is.

Maybe yes. Maybe not.

Soldier Field isnt an immense obstacle IMO. Trubisky's sub-par play will keep CHI adversaries in games.
Now - its early in the season for him too - so improvement is still possible - but again - that Saints D is a serious unit.

What a crazy day for QBs... I have honestly thought the Steelers have been trying to hold that team together with a bandaid for the last few years. They need a rebuild. I don't know if Roth will be back, but a losing season have been looming for some time IMO.

I feel bad for Brees. We will now see Bridgewater get another chance, and lets not forget a camp fav of Packers' fans Taysom Hill is down there as well. Payton has a challenge, and will be looking to prove his new 5 year extension was a good choice without him having a HOF QB. 

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 1

Ian Rapoport: Eagles WR Alshon Jeffery is dealing with a calf strain, source said, following Sunday night football. It’s not major, but with two games in 10 days, the timing is bad. His status for those is in some doubt.

• Mike Garafolo:  Haven’t heard anything from on DeSean Jackson’s status for Sunday vs. the Lions but if the Eagles were without him as well, I wouldn’t be shocked at all.