NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Based on his behavior, his cerebral cortex which governs executive function and critical thinking has never developed.  In most humans, that usually happens before the age of 30.  He’s 31 and exhibits the behavior of someone much younger and less cerebrally developed.  Regardless, he’s just about completely ****ed himself.

Listen....much of what we've learned in recent years is A LOT of rich / powerful men act in some seriously lewd and bizarre ways. I never realized how many PUBLIC people were into yanking it out and propositioning women with it with scant regard to their status, position and potential loss.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

First offer was 75K.  Then she upped it to 2 mil.  It was a money grab.  If you looked into the accusations she has a pretty weak case.  Kept going back to him after?  Sounds like a money grab extortion type deal.   But like I said he acted the fool and lost the benefit of the doubt then he was toast.  He'll never be criminally charged.

From 75,000 to 2,000,000 lol

What the hell.

39 minutes ago, Leader said:

Listen....much of what we've learned in recent years is A LOT of rich / powerful men act in some seriously lewd and bizarre ways. I never realized how many PUBLIC people were into yanking it out and propositioning women with it with scant regard to their status, position and potential loss.

For sure.  What befuddles me is that in spite of the public scrutiny and instant shaming those lewd characters receive for their actions, others like them continue down the same path, apparently oblivious to the fact that the same fate could befall them.

I’m far from a perfect individual, but when I see others **** up, I make a mental note to never do whatever it is they did.  Learn from others’ mistakes so you don’t have to make them yourself.  Critical thinking skills appear to be lacking, even among the rich and educated as you said.

Just read the text messages.  He didn't threaten her at all.  Total BS.  He probably did try to get in her pants.  She refused and then he ghosted her and stiffed her for the work she did.  Really it's all BS.  The first accuser said he assaulted her 3 times.  Really?  You wouldn't stop seeing him after the first time?  As I said before he got what he deserved by acting like a fool but honestly these people coming out against him are full of it.  He called this all down upon himself.  Had a good situation in Oak and blew it.  Won't comment on this further but believe the guy is most likely innocent of the charges.  He drew attention to himself in a very negative way and paid dearly for it.  Karma is a *****...

12 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Just read the text messages.  He didn't threaten her at all.  Total BS.  He probably did try to get in her pants.  She refused and then he ghosted her and stiffed her for the work she did.  Really it's all BS.  The first accuser said he assaulted her 3 times.  Really?  You wouldn't stop seeing him after the first time?  As I said before he got what he deserved by acting like a fool but honestly these people coming out against him are full of it.  He called this all down upon himself.  Had a good situation in Oak and blew it.  Won't comment on this further but believe the guy is most likely innocent of the charges.  He drew attention to himself in a very negative way and paid dearly for it.  Karma is a *****...

Not the place for this kind of speculation, IMO. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I've heard both but the night the original allegation came out it said she filed a civil suit for 75K. Maybe the 2 million was the second person. I'm not sure. 

No. The second person - the artist - hasnt brought any charges or sought any kind of settlement to my knowledge.

The 2M was the last offer from the first woman's atty and when it was turned down by AB/his lawyer - they went public with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Why did he include her in the text message chain when telling his associates to look into her and including pictures of her kids? You don't have to directly threaten someone to be threating.

Edited by ayt
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Leader said:

The league just announced the obvious: AB is a FA and free to sign with any club. Their investigation's not done and he may be subject to league penalties when it is. Till then - he can sign with anyone and play. 

Perhaps the league is just in on "let AB be on the roster of all 32 teams" this season.

NY Post:

Antonio Brown is not only out of a job — he could be out close to $10 million.

The Patriots decided Friday to cut the bombastic wide receiver after just 11 days with the team. When Brown officially signed on Sept. 10, he agreed to a $9 million signing bonus and a guaranteed $1 million base salary.

The Patriots were required in the contract to pay him $5 million of the bonus by Monday, Sept. 23, with the remaining $4 million bonus money scheduled to be paid on Jan. 15. According to multiple reports, the Patriots have yet to pay that, and it’s unclear if they will attempt to challenge paying the bonus.

If the Patriots were to withhold the payment, Brown could file a grievance against the club.

<What did AB say? The journey continues (or some such?). Well the journey of guaranteed millions that he's costing himself certainly does. Geeeezzz>

Edited by Leader