NFL News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

'Pretty sure I distinguished between some concerns and others (maturity/growing up -vs- reckless behavior).

But I do want to address one of those points: players will only be in Green Bay for the season. In the offseason, they are free to go where they please.

Also, Foster could easily have done (felony domestic-violence) what he did in Green Bay.

You got me there.  Green Bay is not a paradise free from those domestic problems.  I just don't want to scratch all players who have a red flag.  Some of them have already made the life adjustments needed.  For instance: Mike Hughes, he's got a flag, but I think he's dealt with it and I'd love to seem him at corner for us.

• Like 2

Man as someone pointed out, Seahawks first draft pick last six years: Malik McDowell, Germain Ifedi, Frank Clark, Paul Richardson, Christine Michael, Bruce Irvin, James Carpenter. Plus a 2nd on Richardson. Woof, I know many wanted him for GM instead of Gutey but that is rough.

Edited by ArthurPensky
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 9:43 AM, ArthurPensky said:

Man as someone pointed out, Seahawks first draft pick last six years: Malik McDowell, Germain Ifedi, Frank Clark, Paul Richardson, Christine Michael, Bruce Irvin, James Carpenter. Plus a 2nd on Richardson. Woof, I know many wanted him for GM instead of Gutey but that is rough.

To be fair, Irvin, Ifedi, and Carpenter were the only first round picks.  

15 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

True. They've drafted poorly and traded picks for a bunch of veterans who didn't pan out. It's a big reason why they are sorely lacking in talent across the board these days.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Suppose it depends what they did with the R1 picks they gave up. Harvin was nothing besides the SB return. Some may say that's worth it, but I don't. 4 years of a top pick, or one win. If it was a FA add like Rison was for GB, that's worth the capital invested. But a 1, 3, and 7 is a lot to give up and only get a 6th rounder back. His trade for a 1-year rental of Richardson for Kearse and a 2nd round pick also looks pretty terrible a year later with Richardson in Minnesota. Graham wasn't used to his strengths and never developed a chemistry with Wilson. Lots of gambles that haven't paid off as well as his draft gambles have. 

Aggressive only works if you make good decisions. Schneider has made a lot of bust decisions in his time. You have to wonder if he was given a do-over on some of those deals if he'd make the same moves.