NFL News & Notes

Leader

57 minutes ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk:  Despite Vikings WR Adam Thielen’s optimism about playing on Thursday, the team is concerned that he’s not day to day but week to week per source. MRI tomorrow will provide more clarity.

The Vikes O did not slow down after Thielen went out.

The Vikes will not need Thielen at home to defeat the Redskins on Thursday and he will undoubtedly sit out that game.

Whether Thielen plays in KC 2 weeks from today will be the true test of his injury.

13 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

The Vikes O did not slow down after Thielen went out. The Vikes will not need Thielen at home to defeat the Redskins on Thursday and he will undoubtedly sit out that game. Whether Thielen plays in KC 2 weeks from today will be the true test of his injury.

Agreed. They're starting to feel it a bit.....so good that we took advantage early - established a lead in the Division and hold the head to head.

• Like 1

If I can go, I can go,” (AJ) Green said. “If I can’t, I can’t. It’s no big thing. Like I said from Day 1, if I’m healthy enough to play then I’m going to play. Right now, I still have a ways to goThere’s no need to rush this thing. Like I said from Day 1, I’m gonna have to feel good to get back out there to where I can play at a high level to where I know I can. Just don’t want to rush it back like I did with my toe (last year).

Read:

"This team stinks and if you think I'm gonna risk my body or what little time I have left rushing back to join in the losses, you're a dummy"

• Like 3

Zachary Jacobson: 

Best divisional records through week 7:

NE: 4-0
GB: 3-0
DAL: 3-0
SEA: 2-0
KC: 2-0
IND: 2-1

All things considered, it wouldn’t be a stretch to say that the Packers’ divisional record—or 6-1 overall record—is the most impressive thing about any team on this list.

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i'd definitely be down with moving a 4th/5th for sanu

The disrespect he showed the young coach at 1:38 is disturbing. After the shoving match that broke out between Aaron Rodgers and our head coach in the last game, can we really afford another coach- killer like Sanu Sr?

15 hours ago, Leader said:

Hmmmmmm.......strength of schedule?

Ben Fennell:

Patriots Defense has only faced 6 RZ pass attempts?!
ATL/DAL have each faced 41!!

Yea I was looking at their schedule. The avg PFF ranking of the offenses they’ve faced is like #26. Imagine playing 7 straight games vs #26 offenses. 

It’s inflated the Pats offensive #’s too. Pats D & special teams has directly scored 37 points. 5 Pats FG’s came on drives that already started in FG range. And 3 TD’s came on drives that started in FG range.

So they’re basically giving their offense like 8.5 free points/gm. Which is probably like 6 pnt/gm more than a league-avg defense playing a league-avg schedule.