NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Because there are different grades of hamstring pulls. Not that I should have to explain this.

Well duh, but the guy was too hurt to come back into the game after going out in the 1st quarter against DET. 

Not to mention, name a time, any time, a Packers player even "tweaked" his hammy and played the following week on 7 days rest. I cannot recall a single time. Were those all higher-graded pulls? 

I'm not complaining about our injuries...it's just funny is all. Personally, I hope Thielen does play on Thursday in a game where he isn't needed and maybe he'll aggravate it. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Well duh, but the guy was too hurt to come back into the game after going out in the 1st quarter against DET. 

Not to mention, name a time, any time, a Packers player even "tweaked" his hammy and played the following week on 7 days rest. I cannot recall a single time. Were those all higher-graded pulls? 

I'm not complaining about our injuries...it's just funny is all. Personally, I hope Thielen does play on Thursday in a game where he isn't needed and maybe he'll aggravate it. 

We're definitely conservative, and that's OK, especially when we're winning without guys.

• Like 1

MMQB : Power Rankings

1. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (7-0)
2. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (6-0)
Previous rank: 2
Points in poll: 213
Highest-place vote: 2 (4 voters)
Lowest-place vote: 4 (1 voter)
Last week’s result: Beat Washington, 9-0
This week: vs. Carolina
Tough to find takeaways from a professional football game played on a mud pit, but the defense dug in and locked up an admittedly pathetic Redskins O, avoiding what would have been a classic trap game loss.
T-3. GREEN BAY PACKERS (6-1)
Previous rank: 4
Points in poll: 201
Highest-place vote: 2 (1 voter)
Lowest-place vote: 6 (2 voters)
Last week’s result: Beat Oakland, 42-24
This week: at Kansas City
Aaron Rodgers had his first Aaron Rodgers game of the season (25-of-31, 429 yards, 5 TDs, 158.3 rating) against a below-average defense. He and new head coach Matt LaFleur finally appear to be clicking, which could be trouble for the Patrick Mahomes-less Chiefs and their finicky defense.
T-3. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (6-1)
Previous rank: 3
Points in poll: 201
Highest-place vote: 2 (1 voter)
Lowest-place vote: 12 (1 voters)
Last week’s result: Beat Chicago, 36-25
This week: vs. Arizona
Teddy Bridgewater rebounded from his poor outing against Jacksonville by dicing up a tough Bears unit, but Latavius Murray wins Saints MVP of the week for his 119 yards and two touchdowns in relief of Alvin Kamara as Drew Brees readies to return.
5. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (5-2)
Previous rank: 8
Points in poll: 193
Highest-place vote: 4 (3 voters)
Lowest-place vote: 10 (1 voter)
Last week’s result: Beat Detroit, 42-30
This week: vs. Washington (Thurs.)
Another good outing for Kirk and co., albeit against another meh defense. Stefon Diggs once again led the way at receiver (seven receptions, 142 yards), but the Vikes will be likely be without Adam Thielen on a short week against the Redskins. Good thing it’s the Redskins.
6. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (5-2)
7. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (4-2)
8. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (5-2)
9. BALTIMORE RAVENS (5-2)
10. DALLAS COWBOYS (4-3)
Previous rank: 16
Points in poll: 162
Highest-place vote: 7 (2 voters)
Lowest-place vote: 13 (1 voter)
Last week’s result: Beat Philadelphia, 37-10
This week: Bye
Big, big win for the ‘Boys, and they did it in convincing fashion by jumping on the Birds with 27 first half points. Once again, the narratives flip on Dak, Jason and Dallas as they head into the bye in the driver’s seat in the NFC East.
14. DETROIT LIONS (2-3-1)
Previous rank: 12
Points in poll: 135
Highest-place vote: 12 (1 voter)
Lowest-place vote: 15 (2 voters)
Last week’s result: Lost to Minnesota, 42-30
This week: vs. N.Y. Giants
The Lions’ defense ran out of gas in the fourth quarter, and Detroit was dealt their second crushing loss in a row in the NFL’s toughest division. A win against the Giants is a must for this group.
17. CHICAGO BEARS (3-3)
Previous rank: 16
Points in poll: 105
Highest-place vote: 15 (2 voters)
Lowest-place vote: 23 (2 voters)
Last week’s result: Lost to New Orleans, 36-25
This week: vs. L.A. Chargers
Maybe the Double Doink shouldn’t have dominated Chicago’s offseason. Maybe Mitch Trubisky is an issue. Maybe Matt Nagy isn’t a cure-all. Maybe the defense is feeling the weight of carrying the offense and starting to crack (36 points to a backup QB with two weeks to prepare at home). Or maybe, just maybe, this team was never that good in the first place.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

McGlinchey started 4 games. Not sure Staley, at this point of his career, is better than the guy playing. I think Juszczyk played some of these game too.

Interesting point that may only interest me. Staley's high school football coach was my 9th grade basketball coach. Only about 15 years earlier. 

On 10/22/2019 at 12:16 PM, packfanfb said:

If this guy plays 4 days after pulling his hammy, I'm going to start questioning even more why our guys always seem to sit out 3-4 weeks with the same injuries...

Broke my collar bone, came back after a month (Had screws/metal put in, still hurts to this day).  Fractured my elbow, cast for 1 month, played sports after 6 weeks.  Broke a rib and bruised as well (after my 260 lb coach jump kneed me in the chest), walked like an old man for 1 month, hurt like hell to even breath ( not a ******* joke of an injury).  Broke ankle, was playing again in 2 weeks ( only to sprain the other ankle, broken ankle wasn't fully healed so had to compensate, causing the second injury). 

Pulled my hamstring, COULDN'T ******* EVEN SIT DOWN TO TAKE A **** FOR TWO MONTHS.  Fired from job.  14  months total before I attempted a full jump again.  This injury effectively ended my sports playing days.  Worse injury of my life not even close, I wish hamstring injuries on no man/woman/animal. 

• Like 2