NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

"Kaepernick is a ******* idiot. He was trying to make a point that cops shooting unarmed black people is a bad thing"

You got the first sentence right.   If Kaep was a really good QB he would have had a job all along.  He stunk his last bit in the NFL and wasn't really all that good at his peak.  That is a big part of why he's not employed.  What any player is doing when they kneel or sit is pissing on the graves of veterans, ALONG with police officers and fire fighters who have given their lives in the honorable act of duty.  Anyone who does this is a disrespectful punk.  And it isn't just black people who have been wronged, whitey has too at times.  It's wrong when ANY person is threatened improperly.  If you think police are racist and bad then continue to live in your delusion.  But it's NOT just about them.  Every veteran since the Revolutionary War who gave their life for this country, for that flag, is being pissed on by the likes of Kaepernick.    He's not only not an NFL QB at this point, he's a vile parasite.

If the owners hadn't violated the terms of the CBA to keep him unemployed, Kaepernick would have had a job all along. You know, something they paid 70 million dollars to not go to court.

How the **** is kneeling during the anthem, disrespecting veterans, and police officers, and fire fighters who died in the act of duty. He was trying to make the country a better place. You can argue that his attempts are misguided, but that was what he was attempting to do. Surely such an action wouldn't be disrespecting veterans. 

Is Kevin King a disrespectful punk? Is Aaron Rodgers a disrespectful punk for arguing that anyone should be able to kneel for the anthem?

That's great that white people have also been wronged. Every race has been wronged at some point, but if you fail to appreciate the fact that African Americans have had it significantly worse in living memory, you're missing the point. Brown V Board of Education was ruled on in 1954. It's going to be 25 years before everyone who was alive during the time when standard operating procedure in half the country was segregation, has passed on. 

The police are racist and bad. How much of their badness stems from racism is a topic worthy of conversation, but there's enough body camera footage out there that proves that point, especialy in certain districts. We just saw the City of Milwaukee pay out 400k to a Milwaukee Buck because their dip**** racist police officers used a tazer on him and then stood on his leg while cuffed, over a damn parking ticket. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Be more triggered you ridiculous snowflake. When did kneeling during something become a symbol of disrespect? He's not out here burning a flag. He's not out here denouncing America. Kneeling was suggested by a veteran as a way to show respect while also standing out from the rest of his peers who are standing. 

He's saying it's bad for cops to shoot unarmed people and it's bad for other cops to lie to protect them. I don't feel like this is a controversial opinion to anybody who doesn't think the behavior of police officers is above both the law and reproach. 

+++

2 years ago Aaron Jones was driving around high off his *** without a driver's license. That's a helluva lot more dangerous than what Kaepernick ever did.

Everybody wanted to draft Joe Mixon despite punching a woman in the face in public on video. 

Tyreke Hill punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach repeatedly until she lost the baby. And then had another instance of domestic violence. And the league didn't even feel the need to punish him. But Kaepernick should be banned from playing?

Kevin King sat for the National Anthem in week 3 a few years ago. Nobody wants him cut.

Aaron Rodgers is all for letting players kneel and sit for the anthem. Are we trying to get rid of him?

+++

Kaepernick is a ******* idiot. He was trying to make a point that cops shooting unarmed black people is a bad thing, and had no idea, like any of us did, that every white person in America who votes red was going to have an anyerusm over this idea. He then tried his best to ride this thing out as best he could. Did he do a great job of it? no, of course not. He's an idiot. 

Then the NFL owners decided they were above federal labor laws and conspired to keep him unemployed. Something they paid 70-something million dollars for out of court. 

There's a twisted irony in noting that in their attempt to silence the black dude's message about the white establishment trying to keep the black man down, they (the white establishment) committed crimes (or at least breach of contract and fraud) in order to keep the black man down. 

Oh boy ... I'll say this:  You like stirring the pot one way or another.  That being said, Kaepernick made his own bed.  He did what he thought was right .. ok, that's his choice.  Everybody has there own opinion which also is fine.  Where the issues start is stating what you think trying to "convince" why it's the right thing or the wrong thing.  You have your opinion on this ... fine.  This is a football forum not a political theater.  Kaepernick is old news and should have stayed that way.

Just now, coachbuns said:

Oh boy ... I'll say this:  You like stirring the pot one way or another.  That being said, Kaepernick made his own bed.  He did what he thought was right .. ok, that's his choice.  Everybody has there own opinion which also is fine.  Where the issues start is stating what you think trying to "convince" why it's the right thing or the wrong thing.  You have your opinion on this ... fine.  This is a football forum not a political theater.  Kaepernick is old news and should have stayed that way.

Talk to @Golfman

After all, this was his conversation. He described Kaepernick's actions as offensive. That's just as much of a political stance as mine. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 15412 said:

"Kaepernick is a ******* idiot. He was trying to make a point that cops shooting unarmed black people is a bad thing"

You got the first sentence right.   If Kaep was a really good QB he would have had a job all along.  He stunk his last bit in the NFL and wasn't really all that good at his peak.  That is a big part of why he's not employed.  What any player is doing when they kneel or sit is pissing on the graves of veterans, ALONG with police officers and fire fighters who have given their lives in the honorable act of duty.  Anyone who does this is a disrespectful punk.  And it isn't just black people who have been wronged, whitey has too at times.  It's wrong when ANY person is threatened improperly.  If you think police are racist and bad then continue to live in your delusion.  But it's NOT just about them.  Every veteran since the Revolutionary War who gave their life for this country, for that flag, is being pissed on by the likes of Kaepernick.    He's not only not an NFL QB at this point, he's a vile parasite.

As a veteran I've made my point on this forum clear before but posts like this really bug me. You wannabe patriots don't speak for us so stop acting like you do. Thanks! 

• Like 7

I mean, Kaepernick's original protest was "sitting on the bench during the anthem" and then at the request of a veteran who pointed out that kneeling would be more respectful, he started doing that.

Lots of players have always sat on the bench during the anthem (Marshawn Lynch anybody?) but it's "what Kaepernick is protesting" not "how he chooses to do it" that rankles people.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Surely if Colin Kaepernick is really pissing on the graves of veterans (sorry, I can barely type that with a straight face) then we should want Aaron Rodgers cut for supporting him and his right to continue pissing on veterans?

Right?

Who wants to cut Aaron Rodgers? Other than @Outpost31

Any takers???

I never wanted Rodgers cut I wanted him traded.

7 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, Kaepernick's original protest was "sitting on the bench during the anthem" and then at the request of a veteran who pointed out that kneeling would be more respectful, he started doing that.

Lots of players have always sat on the bench during the anthem (Marshawn Lynch anybody?) but it's "what Kaepernick is protesting" not "how he chooses to do it" that rankles people.

Rodgers made a good point when this thing first broke. When Rodgers was a rookie, nobody gave a **** about the anthem. Guys would still be playing catch or getting taped up during the anthem. Then the Federal Government wrote a massive check to use it for military recruiting/advertisement and it became a big deal. 

The NFL cares about only one thing, and that's collecting a check. 

• Like 1