NFL News & Notes

Leader

They have the same agent I believe.

I wonder how quickly now Aaron's deal gets done, it sounded like it's at a very advanced stage and they were just waiting for Ryan's deal to be inked.

It's going to be a huge one and well deserved.

I know this will get dominated with the Rodgers news..at least I hope it does, but....

Any thoughts on Earl Thomas in GB?  If they want to trade him and are only looking for a second or a third, is his cap hit (now and future) worth it in GB?

I've always liked that player.  

48 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I know this will get dominated with the Rodgers news..at least I hope it does, but....

Any thoughts on Earl Thomas in GB?  If they want to trade him and are only looking for a second or a third, is his cap hit (now and future) worth it in GB?

Man, Matt Ryan just got 30 million a year.  We ain't gonna be able to afford a water fountain in the locker room soon. 

21 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The next two years our last chance at winning a Super Bowl if we're paying Rodgers 30 million a year.  So sad.  Everybody's gonna hate me for this post, but it's true. 

If it's true, all the more reason to load up and make some bold moves.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Man, Matt Ryan just got 30 million a year.  We ain't gonna be able to afford a water fountain in the locker room soon. 

Especially not with Rodgers own mini fridge in his personal locker room stocked with gold flake water. 

The next two years our last chance at winning a Super Bowl if we're paying Rodgers 30 million a year.  So sad.  Everybody's gonna hate me for this post, but it's true. 

Maybe, though this team is substantially worse without him.  We seen the raging dumpster fire that this team is capable of being when we are get anything less than all pro caliber level of play from our QB.  From a Super Bowl contender too one of the worst 3 teams in the NFL needing OT to beat TERRIBLE teams like Tampa and Cleveland while playing at Lambeau.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Maybe, though this team is substantially worse without him.  We seen the raging dumpster fire that this team is capable of being when we are get anything less than all pro caliber level of play from our QB.  From a Super Bowl contender too one of the worst 3 teams in the NFL needing OT to beat TERRIBLE teams like Tampa and Cleveland while playing at Lambeau.

Are you suggesting that paying an elite quarterback and not having him on the field is a recipe for failure? Well, I'll be damned.

I mean thats what happens when you have a good QB, all other teams that have a franchise QB have to live with these numbers too.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

hard to say. I'm sure it couldn't hurt the secondary, though there is a bit of an overlap w/ HHCD. doesn't seem very likely salary-wise. the team has 13.4m space and will lose another couple mil after they sign their draft picks. Thomas is 8.5, which means 2.9m space left. I'm just not sure Gute would cut things that close. His contract is up after the season, so I'm not sure if a high pick is worth a 1-yr rental. I'm leaning towards rolling over the space to combine with the space that's coming free next year to take a bigger swing in 2019 FA

The salary cap has increased by 43% since Rodgers inked his 2013 extension. If a $22M per year commitment wasn't killing us then, I don't see why a $30M per year commitment has to kill us now. 32M in 2018 is the same percentage of the cap that he was getting at 22M APY in 2013 cap.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

The salary cap has increased by 43% since Rodgers inked his 2013 extension. If a $22M per year commitment wasn't killing us then, I don't see why a $30M per year commitment has to kill us now. 32M in 2018 is the same percentage of the cap that he was getting at 22M APY in 2013 cap.

This!! Rodgers is worth every penny and it won’t effect us anymore then it already was. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Matt Ryan just got 30 million.  Matt Ryan.