NFL News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Think you should keep the focus on NFL news. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on Booker if you want to PM me though.

I was pretty mad when he went to Kentucky instead of Mizzou like his dad.  I get it, Kentucky is a much better program.  But he would have been a legend at Mizzou, and he is just another guy at Kentucky.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leader said:

Back to football.....

Adam Schefter:  After today’s workout in Atlanta, an NFL executive at Colin Kaepernick’s throwing session said his arm talent is “elite” and is the same as when he came out of college. He said that Kaepernick threw the ball well.

Clearly an SJW plant by Nike and not a real exec

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

Eh, I doubt Kap's arm was going to turn into a noodle after just a few years. It's the brain matter that's gonna matter.

I was being highly sarcastic. I'm sure his arm still looks great. I was just piling on that this is a giant conspiracy like the Moon landing.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Imagine hating a dude so much that you ride without question for the corporate conglomeration that intentionally hid it's knowledge of the damage it was doing to it's employees brains. 

And you hate this individual for kneeling during a song

They're brainwashed. 

I could have easily named you all the people on this site that would be pissed about this workout beforehand. Shows how this has nothing to do with what actually is happening with it.

• Like 1

Clearly DET is looking for some good karma juju today...

Lions are wearing white jerseys at home today for the first time since Nov. 26, 1970, a span that covers almost 50 years and 381 home games. Cowboys forced into their navy blues.

(Hey.....I hope it works)

Edited by Leader

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

They're brainwashed. 

I could have easily named you all the people on this site that would be pissed about this workout beforehand. Shows how this has nothing to do with what actually is happening with it.

Of course it has nothing to do with football. 

It doesn't even have anything to do with "the troops".

It has everything to do with what is perceived to be an attack on traditional American values. @15412's incoherent rant is all the evidence you need to demonstrate that point.

There's never any consideration that those traditional values are flawed and antiquated and worthy of pensive review. Why evaluate the behaviors of our police departments and the effects our economic policies have on the poorest of communities when instead we can be offended and rant about pissing on the graves of veterans? 

@Spartacus is dead on. If you want to support the troops, lashing out at Colin Kaepernick isn't the way to do it. Spend the energy on a volunteer trip to the VA hospital. Spend the money on a donation to the Wounded Warrior Project. Hell, write to your congressman about additional funding for VA Hospitals. That's a lot better usage of time than writing coded rants on a football message board.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Imagine hating a dude so much that you ride without question for the corporate conglomeration that intentionally hid it's knowledge of the damage it was doing to it's employees brains. 

And you hate this individual for kneeling during a song

First of all I don't hate him, but I'll answer. There is so much corruption in our society it's hard to tell what is right and what is wrong. Look at the circus on TV in Washington. Look at Google, Facebook, Twitter monitoring free speech and making themselves the soul arbiter of what is acceptable and what is not.   Look at the drug companies who will sell people harmful medication because they are making a profit. Look at how we allow drugs to pour into our society poisoning our citizens. Society is screwed up and the NFL is corrupt, to THE CORE. 

But you are conflating issues. 

Colin Kaepernick decided to make this about police brutality and paint all of them as such which is reprehensible. The numbers of police shootings rose dramatically during his 'efforts' shall we say. That does not make him a social justice warrior. That makes him an *******! You want an example of how a true social justice warror works, see Dr. Martin Luther King! That man deserves every statue put up in his honor! 

Colin Kaepernick opted out of a contract where it was his choice. Allegedly turned down a few offers because the numbers weren't high enough. Then made it about collusion. Given the NFL paid him rather than releasing the communications clearly paints them as conspiring, even though there is no admission of that. 

So you pay a guy off in a lawsuit and now are clamoring that the NFL should allow the guy that sued them back into the league? I find that laughable. 

Now let's look at the facts regarding Kaepernick the player. He's a below 60% completion guy his entire career. The read option, which made him good, that has been figured out and basically shut down by teams. Please don't tell me about Lamar Jackson, he's not that guy or close to it any longer. 

This guy put on a publicity stunt do get another commercial done with Nike (you want to talk about a corrupt company, they are a good place to start) which will probably trash the organization he says he wants to play for. 

Hard to take the guy serious because he's a clown! 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 3